Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1159, finallyhere, OCN, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64008 Topics
446740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#176584 - 08/28/07 04:00 PM Re: Vacation Bible School [Re: WalkingSouth]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Brian,

I think it is a great first step. One thing about God is that He is eternal and never sleeps, therefore He's ready when you are. Just tell him how you feel, He really wants to hear from you...unplugged! Then be open to His response.

Love ya bro.
Army

#176619 - 08/28/07 07:41 PM Re: Vacation Bible School [Re: Brian]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Brian,

Originally Posted By: Brian
I definitely have some "God issues" that I need to work on. I've read a few threads recently and found that I still have a lot of anger towards God, the Catholic Church and even with some of the messages that are posted in this forum.

I do want a relationship with God, but I'm still really pissed off! Maybe this is the first step?

In many ways I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't feel angry at God, just disconnected. But I decided I just have to face this one like I have faced all the others. It really is the only way, I think.

You're doing the right thing. Considering everything else that God handles, I kinda figure he can handle you being pissed off at him. At least you're being honest.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#176620 - 08/28/07 07:44 PM Re: Vacation Bible School [Re: roadrunner]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Considering everything else that God handles, I kinda figure he can handle you being pissed off at him.

In fact I think he'd prefer us to be pissed off at him rather than feeling nothing at all like I did for so many years. He can work with pissed. Kinda hard to work with stoicism.

#176639 - 08/28/07 08:51 PM Re: Vacation Bible School [Re: WalkingSouth]
SECfanMIKE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South Carolina
Just read through Psalms and see how many times David cried out in anger, frustration or depression toward God. Expressing those emotions is sending them at the only One who can deal with it and still love you completely.

"...rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..."

"...for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost..."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.