Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (GT13568, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#176472 - 08/28/07 05:12 AM are you
anyway90 Offline

Are you very concerned about your appearance?i know I am.its not a very good thing.Its kind of strange...I think I am rather attractive but I am not sure if others think so.My classmates used to tease me alot.And then I feel very confused and mixed up.I feel very shallow bwcause I place so much emphasis on my looks.

#176482 - 08/28/07 06:03 AM Re: are you [Re: anyway90]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Anyway,

It's absolutely normal for a teenager to dwell on his appearance - that topic and sex are often the two most important things on his mind. When my son was going through this he would spend an hour with things like showering, fixing this and that, dealing with clothes and his hair, and asking his sister how he looked, and at the end of it all he would shuffle out of the house muttering "I look a right fucking mess" or something like that.

So I think the bottom line is that at this stage in your life your appearance means a great deal to you and there's nothing wrong with honoring that and seeking to look good. You aren't being shallow; you're being you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#176509 - 08/28/07 09:53 AM Re: are you [Re: roadrunner]
pain4ever Offline

Anyway90...

At your age is was very concerned about my appearance but I grew out of that. Larry is right at your age is totally normal for you to be very concerned about your appearance...but make sure anyone you get involved with is interested in you for more than your looks!!

Nothing shallow in whats going on....

Brian

#176518 - 08/28/07 10:27 AM Re: are you [Re: pain4ever]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
omg im so shallow. its all about looks. yeah teenagers are concerned with it, but if you are gay, the phase lasts longer. its a ruthless world out there and the gay theory is that you need to be pretty to get attention. i say if you got the looks, flaunt it because looks fade in time.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.