Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#175897 - 08/25/07 11:41 PM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: roadrunner]
Soul Think Offline
New Here

Loc: Southern California
Armyguy2007, what you did in those 464 words took a great deal of inner strength and courage. Welcome to a safe place to be on your journey with men who have been there in our own way. Just remember, that with all that you are feeling;

You, Armyguy2007, are a sacred man. Acknowledge yourself for finding malesurvivor.com and writing such a powerful post and hitting the submit button. When you don't know what to do, re-read the acknowledgments other men wrote to you. Let their words sink in and feel how much you are cared for and accepted by all of us.

Daniel

Intending inner peace for you Armyguy2007

Reach for joy, settle for bliss. ;-)

Daniel

#176511 - 08/28/07 10:06 AM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: Ivo]
Armyguy2007 Offline
New Here

Loc: Upstate NY and Fl
Thank you, I will try.

The is no such thing as “AN ARMY OF ONE”

Every generation has its heroes. Mine is no different.

#178325 - 09/05/07 02:09 AM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: roadrunner]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I can only chime in with welcoming you, and telling you you're not alone. I was abused both as a child and as an adult, though not quite what you experienced. I can relate most to the shame. Thanks for having the courage to tell your story. I hope I can do my part to be supportive.

Ed

#178463 - 09/05/07 07:52 PM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: copenbay]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
Hey Greg,

That was one powerful post, and it's good you got it out.

I can relate to your inability to "feel", I too suffer that left over lack of emotional connection.

It is the root of all the problems with the abuse, and my wife and my relationship. Thus the screen name emptydreamer.

You have found a fabulous place here, and healing is possible, I'm learning that myself and it is because of this place and the people here.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#179376 - 09/09/07 11:03 PM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: emptydreamer]
Armyguy2007 Offline
New Here

Loc: Upstate NY and Fl
Thank you everyone for your support and input keep it coming.

The is no such thing as “AN ARMY OF ONE”

Every generation has its heroes. Mine is no different.

#179563 - 09/10/07 10:56 PM Re: Childhood and Adult Vic. Needs your help. [Re: Armyguy2007]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
Hi ArmyGuy,

I'm glad that I've had the chance to speak with you before and that, for the moment, we're only miles away.

I think it is great that you had the courage to share what you did. I could feel tears welling up as I read your post. I can relate to the fear and the shut down feelings. You touched my soul and you, along with everyone else here, share a part of my soul. It all seems kind of like a dream, doesn't it? And waking up is hard to do.

I hope that you find tons of support here. I'm in your corner, as many others are.

God bless,
John, The Music Man.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.