Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tiger1982, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#175747 - 08/25/07 02:05 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: scotia1]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
What is the good side ? You can Rape & Kill inocent people and insted of going to prison , they give you a medal . That seems like there is something wrong with that to me .

MICHAEL
DISABLED VETERAN

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#175750 - 08/25/07 02:19 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

To the first question. Whilst in training it happened to me once. I was never going to let it happen again, i trained harder and faster, learnt more, built myself up so NEVER again would anyone be able to do this to me.

Rape and kill innocent people instead of going to prison, they give you a medal.......!!!!!!!!!

I joined army ops and because my family had connections in ireland, i was seconded to go back there. We hunted down the bastards that killed innocent people. The same people that threw grenades into a funeral. The same people that blew up a school bus full of kids, so they could kill the driver. Who was part time RUC.
The same people that killed teenage kids for joy rideing. The same people that would not face us, hid behind women and children.
These and others are the ones we went after. NOT INNOCENT PEOPLE.
i went around the world after these people, not innocent people.

Backspin

Edited by SEVEN ARROWS (08/25/07 02:20 PM)

#175934 - 08/26/07 05:17 AM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

SORRY
I read this at a bad time, im not handeling this well. I did not mean to rant or upset you.
We are all entitled to our thoughts and views.
Im a bit messed up at the moment, so i can only say sorry again.
Hope you can forgive.

Backspin

#175997 - 08/26/07 12:26 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
OKIE MIKE Offline

7 dont wory about it I was not judging everyome in the militay . I had a very bad experence in the US Army . I believe that the system is broken . It needs a Major overhaul in the way that it deals with preditors within its own ranks . Insted if covering up what thease people do . They should Courtmartial thease people and send them to the stockade for a very long time . Then dishonarably discharge them . But That is not what typicly happens . As you know it is its own world with its own rules

#176018 - 08/26/07 01:52 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
scotia1 Offline

Guys (Okie and 7), I think it’s brave of you both for coming forward with what happened to you in the military. It also happened to me by a military man however I was not in the military at the time. I’m sure there is a lot of shit built up in your heads and I think it’s great that you are discussing it. It proves you are both good people for doing so. We are all in this together!

There are good and bad people in all organisations, and the military is no different. My prep after coming out of the military targeted kids by volunteering with sports clubs and always offering to drive kids around for games. He also later got into politics where he became respected and later friends with “unsuspecting” families that had children. Wherever the weaker/vulnerable were found, that is where you would find him.

I was wondering if the same trend could be found in the military. Perhaps where the younger (weaker/vulnerable) recruits are, is that where you will find these preps (scum bags)?

Scotia

#176167 - 08/26/07 11:24 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: scotia1]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Scotia, search the web for Greg Helle .You may find his story intresting

#176635 - 08/28/07 08:37 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Armyguy2007 Offline
New Here

Loc: Upstate NY and Fl
As you may be aware of my story about being raped in the army. I have to say though that I still support my fellow military brother and sisters. What happened to me has dramatically affected my life, but some of the proudest moments occurred while in the army. I also experienced some of the worst things that people can, and have done things that I will live with for the rest of my life. The fact is that people victimize people weather they are in the military or not.

The is no such thing as “AN ARMY OF ONE”

Every generation has its heroes. Mine is no different.

#176721 - 08/29/07 02:46 AM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: Armyguy2007]
OKIE MIKE Offline

This is an Issue that I have tried to get exposure in the Media
But they RUN from because of the fact that the military has even
got them afraid to tell the truth of how the military tries to cover the fact that The military is full of people that are on a power trip and abuse the people that are below tham because they can.
I am Sory but this issue is one of my sore spots that pushes my buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#177868 - 09/02/07 08:12 PM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
scotia1 Offline

I agree armyguy with your statement "The fact is that people victimize people weather they are in the military or not". This is true, however because I have noticed so many people (higher than average numbers) speaking out about sexual abuse in the military I conclude it is one of two things. #1. People from military backgrounds are on average braver than most about speaking out against sexual abuse. OR #2. Sexual abuse happens on average more in the military than other places.

The question is, which one is correct? Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Scotia

#178016 - 09/03/07 11:52 AM Re: Sexaul Assault in the Military? [Re: scotia1]
OKIE MIKE Offline

# 2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.