Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63553 Topics
444026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#175421 - 08/23/07 09:58 PM need help
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
i had another session with my therapist today and she told me i am "emotionally flooding" does anyone know what this means otherwise are there any web sites i can research this afterall i'd like to get an idea into why i was told this and if it even applies.

Coopstah

#175447 - 08/23/07 10:51 PM Re: need help [Re: thecoopstah]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Coop...

It means that you are overwhelmed. If she couldn't explain that to you, you need a new therapist... Actually, I've been thinking that for awhile, considering your recent posts.

Laz

#175610 - 08/24/07 02:10 PM Re: need help [Re: Lazarus]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
she did in act tell me wat it meant although she wanted to give me the proper definition and did not have it at hand.

She has een amazing for me and finding another therapist is not even close to at this point.I'm now going to be seeing her twice a week.

Coopstah

#175795 - 08/25/07 05:32 PM Re: need help [Re: thecoopstah]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rich,

Are you able to speak freely and honestly about your feelings when you see your T - for example, as you do in your posts here? You really have been flooded in recent days and personally I think your T or doctor ought to prescribe some medication to restore a sense of balance for awhile. We often get overwhelmed, and when we do the best thing for us is to ask for the help we need and then follow whatever recommendations we get.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.