Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, Frm73, pattom, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443112 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#175877 - 08/25/07 10:44 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: FormerTexan]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
omg there is no post bumping allowed. thats totally cheating \:\)

#175880 - 08/25/07 10:52 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: Jarrad]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
But then how would people know to have a chance to come and meet wonderful me?

;\)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#175881 - 08/25/07 10:53 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: FormerTexan]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
*snicker*

#175883 - 08/25/07 10:57 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: FormerTexan]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ken is right Alta is beautiful, I like to call the Alta Lodge "The Ritz Carlton of retreat locations". The food great, the rooms are much nicer than your average MS retreat location and its only 45 minutes away from the Salt Lake City Airport.

Only 1 thing that I consider a downside. The stairs at the entrance they are steep, but you'll get used to them..Right before its time to go

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#175892 - 08/25/07 11:18 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: onlyakid]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Guys There are schoolerships to help cover the coast of the retreat. If you need the help, ask Howard F about it.

Also I will post some images of Alta in the Image Forum if you would like to see what it looks like.

Tom

#175907 - 08/26/07 12:48 AM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: Muldoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm actually planning on attending the next Level II they have at Alta. You won't regret attending guys. It can be a life changing event.

John

#175909 - 08/26/07 12:53 AM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: WalkingSouth]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
John when is the next level two???

Tom

#175912 - 08/26/07 01:25 AM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: Muldoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tom,

According to the Weekend of Recovery schedule it is to be held September 5, 6, & 7 at Alta Lodge; Alta, UT, so it's over a year away yet.

I surely hope that does not fall at the same time as my upcoming trip to Romania which will be happening fall of 2008 or spring of 2009. I would be REALLY bummed if that was the case.

John

#175923 - 08/26/07 02:38 AM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: WalkingSouth]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
The Alta retreats are usually pretty consistent as to dates. Since they started in September 2004, I'm pretty sure they've always been the 1st or 2nd weekend in September, usually the second I believe. September must be the slow season, between the Skiers in the Winter and the Hikers in the Summer.

They also like to keep Level IIs at Alta, the only exception I can think of is the couples weekend at Center for New Beginnings in Dahlonega, GA this past spring. So sufficed to say, I would bet the next advanced/Level II will be in Alta during the 1st or 2nd weekend in September. Probably next year September 5-7th.

Don't know if your going to be at the conference but that's even better than an Advanced weekend because not only are the wonderful and talented Male Survivor staff going to be there (that alone would be enough LOL ), but you got male SA experts from ALL OVER THE WORLD talking about wide ranging topics. Luckily its going to be in my backyard because money is tight right now and I won't have to pay for airfare or a hotel (I'll be going home every night).

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#176097 - 08/26/07 06:44 PM Re: Alta, Utah Weekend of Recovery [Re: onlyakid]
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
You have to remember to go outside at night and look up, you can see the milky way.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.