Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447609 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#174657 - 08/21/07 11:49 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
AJC Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois, USA
Wow - i have stayed out of this topic for a while. I have mixed emotions on this show - because I see lots of different types of men showing up at these houses. I see the really creepy ones that you can almost tell that this is the "umpteenth" time that they have done something like this... and then you see the guy that is pacing outside, peeking in the door, fighting the urge to do something he shouldn't... and even the guys that don't come in, change their mind, realize that "HEY - what am I DOING HERE? THIS IS WRONG!!! I gotta get out of here before I do something terrible! What was I thinking???" They still get busted.

The problem with internet chat is that you can do it anonymously. It's all anonymous. You can be whatever you want to be. You can be whoever you want to be. If I enter a chat room I can be a 12 year old boy, I can be a Ferrari salesman, I can be a teen-age lesbian, I can be a bi-curious man, I can be a US Army Viet-nam vet..... Whatever I want to be, I can be. It's all anonymous.

So when these men or women get into these chats, they may KNOW - "Hey - this is inappropriate" they are fooled into thinking - well, I can just chat - i'd never really MEET a 13 year old girl in real life - i'll just play pretend for this taboo experiment...." I AM NOT ADVOCATING THIS - JUST TRYING TO BE REALISTIC ABOUT HOW AND WHY A NORMAL - NON-CRIMINAL WITH NO RECORD MIGHT FIND HIMSELF IN THIS SITUATION.

I went to the perverted justice website and read the tran>

#174660 - 08/21/07 12:03 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
when you agree to have sex with a 13 year old ?you give up those rights .

As do the liars who cajole people into making incriminating statements.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#174817 - 08/21/07 09:09 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag *DELETED* [Re: shadowkid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by BJK

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#174828 - 08/21/07 09:55 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: BJK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know?

If I am standing in line at the bank with a ski mask on, a gun in my pocket and a note in my hand that says, "Give me all of yer money!" I think I've stepped over that line between thinking about it and doing it.

I watched this show just once...I just kept thinking to myself...how incredibly stupid are you? As one after the other showed up. Carrying wine coolers!!?? Come on.

I know the vast majority of abuse occurs by an acquaintance or family member and this show tends distract in the same way that similar shows did in the eighties when the focus was on abductions by strangers. Resources were depleted and the general population were given the impression that the majority of child abductions were perpetrated by strangers rather than by someone known to the child. Ultimattely fewer resources were available for the children most at risk...

But!!! And it is a huge one...it did raise awareness...which is crucial.

Dave

#174857 - 08/22/07 12:50 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag *DELETED* [Re: ttoon]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by BJK

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#174912 - 08/22/07 08:03 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: BJK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

"There is most certainly the possibility that some of these "perps" have considered robbing a bank before, but very few of them ever actually will."

And encouragement from what they perceive as a thirteen year old boy or girl is the deciding factor it would seem.

As a response to my own comment about how I felt these experiences were my fault ( I was three when it started)...my therapist asked me,

If a three year old boy stood directly in front of you...no clothes on...and said, Do you want to fuck, what would you do?

Kinda put it into perspective. It is always the adult's responsibility...always.

:-)

Dave

#175090 - 08/22/07 07:19 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: ttoon]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

3 convictions in the last two years? this is acceptable to you? perverted justice got 320 last year . i think before you pass judgment ,if you have the stomach for it ,go to perverted justice website and read the chat logs ,and yes they are real and law enforcement will attest to that ,read it before you say somebody got lured in . these guys came knocking on a door that said teenager ,tuff shit if there was a cop behind it instead. also we should be totaly objective here right ? we should consider all sides right? consider the rights of potential predators right ? after you go to pj site if you have the stomach for it like i said ,why not hop on over to one of the pedo sites and check out what they have to say about pj? then come back and tell me they have a right to be on just as much as ms does, example ,boycht a site that pj has shut down twice,yeah its right there on the net ,now we cant call the name of that site deception can we? i mean if a 13 year old boy typed in boychat to say talk to other teens ,well guess where hes gonna end up ,is that entrapment? i just think your on the wrong side ,cause its kids lives at stake not some friggen pedos civil rights

#175119 - 08/22/07 09:30 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag *DELETED* [Re: roadrunner]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by BJK

Edited by BJK (08/22/07 09:31 PM)

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#175165 - 08/23/07 05:50 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: BJK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bryan,

Please do not confuse passion for opinions as serious repurcussions. :-)

Come-on...you got something going on in there....everything is relevant.

:-)

Dave

#175171 - 08/23/07 07:12 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag *DELETED* [Re: ttoon]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by BJK

Edited by BJK (08/23/07 07:31 AM)

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.