Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438366 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#174979 - 08/22/07 11:37 AM a brighter day
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I went to a new support group last night - same organization as the Thursday group I have been attending, but MUCH closer (like 20 minute drive instead of an hour). The past two weeks moving toward this first meeting have been a disaster for me. My mood has gotten progressively worse - depression has soared - my temper short.

I never put it together with the fact I might be changing groups until after I left the meeting last night. All the fear, anxiety, anger - all of it was gone. It was like I had gotten some incredible drug - I felt lighter... I was happy.

Now that I look at it - it makes sense. I had always felt an incredible sense of peace and security - safety - at the other group. From the first moment I walked in. I guess I was fearing losing all that. For whatever reason, though, I didn't see that was the problem. I only knew I was getting more and more depressed.

Now I know. This new group also feels safe. And I can hope for healing again because the doom-and-gloom cloud of depression has lifted in a major way.

To those of you who may have felt the barbs of my ever-decreasing ability to cope, I am truly sorry - but I want to thank you all for hanging with me.

I dare say this is a brighter day.

M

#175039 - 08/22/07 03:06 PM Re: a brighter day [Re: MarkK]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

glad for you-----------------------mark-------------------

#175045 - 08/22/07 03:13 PM Re: a brighter day [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

I'm so glad this new group is working out for you, and yes, it's amazing the scenarios of doom we work out for ourselves.

Don't worry about sometimes showing the signs of stress when you post. After all, we are talking about a pretty stressful topic here, and you sure aren't alone in needing to let these feelings out. I think you will find everyone here understands that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.