Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (learning2remember, CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#174947 - 08/22/07 10:07 AM A simple vision, and a little soap box
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I don't know where this came from this morning. As I got ready for work, out of nowhere I imagined a boy who was paralyzed. He could do nothing for himself. His father was taking care of him. The father would feed him, change him, clean up after him, etc. All the while, this father did these things with patience and love. As he finished changing the boys clothes and got him ready for bed, he leans down, places his hand gently against his son's face and says "I love you, buddy." The same things happen all over again, only now the boy has grown some. And the father is older, and still says to him "I love you, buddy."

Then it came to me afterwards - this is how God works with me. When I am utterly helpless, God is there, picking up after me and reassuring me.

Two days ago, my trip to the retreat in Alta was jeopardized because the day off I needed was full. Yet, I thought I had already pre-arranged this with my new boss, and I had an email documenting our discussion. I knew I would hear nothing the next day since my boss was on vacation. So all I could do was pray. I cried Monday night as my hopes of being part of that weekend seemed so dashed. I was talking about it with four different friends in IM windows. That was a tough night. And I had to accept the possibility that I couldn't go. But I wasn't out of the game yet.

Then on Tuesday, I went to one of my fellow engineers for help on a case of trouble. As he looked up information, I looked up at the corner of his cube. On the metal corner-piece, there was a single lonely magnetic word, the kind you get in those word puzzles. The word: "expect." Is this some sign? (shrug)

Today I got into work hopeful and heavy-hearted. I checked email and my manager had got me approved for that day off. I'm still in my other mode, so it will take a while to sink in. But, I feel blessed. I emailed my gratitude to my boss, explaining that I don't care if I have to work on Christmas and Thanksgiving. This retreat means more to me than having those days off.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#174949 - 08/22/07 10:10 AM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: FormerTexan]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Thank you Lord!

Still's Globs

New Video

#174963 - 08/22/07 11:06 AM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: Still]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

so glad for you andy------------i thought i was the only one-------------------------having a hard time------------with this utah thing-----------steve

#175006 - 08/22/07 12:57 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: sabata]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
A short update:

I asked my fellow engineer why that magnet with the word "expect" was stuck up on the corner of his cube. He said he didn't know why it was there, since it was there when he came to that cube, and he just left it up there.

1. That

#175033 - 08/22/07 02:47 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: FormerTexan]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
andy....yes, God is with you friend.
i will be praying for you and steve this weekend.

the mike lew retreat was awesome. it was good to finally be able to meet Rob and Alan. it was moving, challenging, and encouraging.

#175044 - 08/22/07 03:12 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: buzz_key]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

so glad for you buzz----------------

#175047 - 08/22/07 03:14 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: FormerTexan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
I asked my fellow engineer why that magnet with the word "expect" was stuck up on the corner of his cube. He said he didn't know why it was there, since it was there when he came to that cube, and he just left it up there.

So what you're saying is God planned a good while back to give you hope through a single word on a magnet.

Isn't He just ... INCREDIBLE???

m

#175049 - 08/22/07 03:16 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: MarkK]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
It sure is easy to conclude that, yes. And yes, He is incredible. I've found in life that I don't need any huge signs to direct me into good thoughts. A simple little something out of nowhere helps a lot!

A

1. That

#175050 - 08/22/07 03:18 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: FormerTexan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

... that still, small voice ...

M

#175077 - 08/22/07 05:42 PM Re: A simple vision, and a little soap box [Re: MarkK]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not one to be smug at all, but didn't I tell you things would work out, Andy? Listen to your Aunt Bea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.