Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, susie, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#173564 - 08/15/07 08:57 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
if they had no intrest in harming children ,what the fuck are they doing on a teen chat ,talking to kids?

Perverted Justice does not report where exactly the chats occur, only that they have occurred. In many instances, the chat logs provided to authorities are private chats, so it is quite possible that a previous bait conservation took place in a public chat room on an open site that is not restricted to people under 18 and the person assumed the baiter was of age when the conversation was later carried over into private chat rooms.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#173565 - 08/15/07 09:01 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: melliferal
Well that's a good point. There really is no excuse for having such a conversation with a kid (or someone you've been told is a kid). I suppose unless someone already is a pedophile, they're not going to be "convinced" to be one, no matter how much they are taunted. I guess you're right.

In much the same way one cannot be "convinced" to confess to a crime one did not commit no matter how much one is taunted.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#173581 - 08/15/07 10:34 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: jacobtk]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

There's a difference. People have been hounded into falsely confessing because the police appealed to their sense of self-preservation (i.e., it will be easier/less punishing on you if you just do this). I don't think that psychological atmosphere exists in a chat room (i.e., "you're going to be in some kind of trouble if you don't come here and have sex with a minor"). The situation is not analagous.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#173792 - 08/17/07 12:23 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I think to catch a predator is the same as any reality show involving the law... like cops or americas most wanted... all it dose is show people making mistakes, it dosnt adress why they are making these mistakes or how to prevent them

i dont really feel that bad for the men who were cought... but to say that the world is safer because of Chris Hansen i think is a joke.

I think if NBC was serious about doing real journalism and protecting kids they would do a datline special about how sexual abuse. really about it. how it effects people... and show us that it isnt the crazy guy at the park we need to watch out for but the uncle or close family freind that is the real bad guy.

in my opinion this show is for shock value and really is doing more damage than good.

#173798 - 08/17/07 12:57 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: theatrekid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

so in other words nobody believes that of all the guys they supposedly trapped ,not one kid was saved? the dateline stuff is not the only thing pj does to catch perps . if you wanna catch a predator you gotta use what they feed on ,then when they start to circle you gun them down. do you guys believe that anybody would confess to wanting to have sex with a 13 year old if it wasnt true/!? to me one kids life is worth anything those sick bastards got trapped in. how can it address why perps perp? if you could answer that one you have it whipped huh? lets not forget every one of them truly believed they were going to meet a 13 year old!how do we prevent what you call mistakes? destroying a kid is just a mistake this guy made? you lock their sick asses up thats how you prevent it .

Edited by shadowkid (08/17/07 08:38 AM)

#173924 - 08/17/07 02:20 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am not in the habit of taking the words of those whose job it is to deceive and lie. No one actually knows how these statements were gotten. No one knows what was edited out. Perverted Justice is quite unwilling to those records to anyone who asks for them. People like those from Perverted Justice are not really concerned with helping children. Those who demonstrate a lack of morality, or one that shifts to suit their personal needs and wants, are not those in whom anyone should trust.

Edited by jacobtk (08/17/07 02:32 PM)

#174004 - 08/17/07 09:52 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: jacobtk]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

all the chat logs are on the website ,read them

#174126 - 08/18/07 02:02 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Again, I am not in the habit of taking the words of those whose job it is to deceive and lie.

#174130 - 08/18/07 03:21 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag *DELETED* [Re: jacobtk]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by BJK

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#174139 - 08/18/07 03:46 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: BJK]
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

i guess doing nothing is the way huh? ever heard of bikers against abuse? another vigilante group ,but they dont use dception they go to the abusers home and kick his ass! yeah 20 big bikers show up to have a talk with the abuser . seems to be real effective. but maybe cause we got hurt it gives us a right to just do nothing.

Edited by shadowkid (08/18/07 03:49 PM)

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.