Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443034 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#173322 - 08/14/07 09:53 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: melliferal
I might have a problem with "To Catch A Predator"'s tactics, if it weren't for the fact that in order to end up on that show, the perps have to actually show up at a house where they've been told a kid is home alone.

Actually, they do not have to show up. The name "Perverted Justice" is amazingly applicable. Groups like it are indeed a perversion of justice, resorting to predatory and perp-like tactics to entrap and trick people into committing a crime they may not otherwise commit. They even resort to leading the person until the person says something that can be used against them.

Personally I would not let a single person remotely associated with groups like Perverted Justice anywhere near a child. They are just as much a risk, if not more.

Edited by jacobtk (08/15/07 12:00 AM)
Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#173328 - 08/14/07 10:15 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: jacobtk]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

its called perverted justice because they bust perverts ,not because they pervert the law ,dont see in that article that its not perverted justice thats bringing in the media but the cops themselves ,we can argue over this forever ,if one potential perps is caught then yeah its a good thing ,what is a kids life worth? nobody else is doing a damn thing to stop these sick pedos. what if your perp had been caught up in a set up ? before they found you?

#173356 - 08/15/07 12:37 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is not a good thing to entrap and bait people who had no interest or intent on harming children into making incriminating statements. If one must resort to deceit and manipulation to get a the desired response, then that is something that should be not supported, regardless of the intent. More so, if one knows a person engages in such deception, what reason is there to trust anything that person claims or presents as evidence?

Edited by jacobtk (08/15/07 12:47 AM)
Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#173400 - 08/15/07 09:44 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: jacobtk]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm starting to waver on this. I think that if NBC really wanted to help protect kids, it could spend all that money in better ways than paying these guys to go online and spend hours and hours trying to convince fools to try pedophilia for a day so they can bust them on National TV.

I agree with Larry. If these people spent even HALF as much time on phones talking to real honest-to-goodness kids in trouble, as they spend on the net badgering people into becoming offenders, think of the lives that can be saved - both figuratively and literally. I don't think these folks would be able to relate very well with victims, though.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#173417 - 08/15/07 11:49 AM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

if they had no intrest in harming children ,what the fuck are they doing on a teen chat ,talking to kids?

#173423 - 08/15/07 12:06 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
if they had no intrest in harming children ,what the fuck are they doing on a teen chat ,talking to kids?

There is that, but when some of those people snap back into reality and say "Wait a minute, what am I thinking? This is not a good idea" - which is what we WANT to happen - the PJ folks call them up to beg, taunt, and cajole them into doing it anyway. I'm not sure that's right.

#173427 - 08/15/07 12:36 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok exactly when does this snapping back happen? when im lying on the floor bleeding ? and hes looking down thinking maybe i shouldnt have done this?

#173434 - 08/15/07 12:49 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: shadowkid]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm referring to instances like this:

Quote:
Casey gabs to potential predators on the phone. "Come on over, we're not going to get caught," she says. "If we got caught, I would get into trouble, and everybody would call me a slut, and I don't want that, either. I'll pay for your gas. It's no big deal, trust me. My dad gave me plenty of money for the weekend." When the guy fails to take the bait, her voice rises in pitch. "OK, fine, whatever, lame. L-A-M-E. You're being a baby. I told you I've done it a million times!"

Kids don't talk like that.

There's a difference between someone in a chat room who actively tries to hit up someone they think is a kid, and someone in a chat room who has to be wheedled into doing anything, I think.

#173453 - 08/15/07 01:44 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: melliferal]
healingpartner Offline

If they really think it is not a good idea, do you think being taunted is going to change that?

These are people you have to meet at their own level.... I have no pity for them. none. I don't care what needs to be done. They need to be stopped.

And I am sorry...I don't care if they were perped themselves. These are children we are talking about. Whatever it takes to protect them. These people go to these rooms all on their own. No one makes them go to these sites or stay there. Guilt by association in my book.

If they are talking to 'children' like this, they need to be dealt with. If I ever found someone talking to my kids about those things...I can't write what I would do for fear of legal ramifications.

I may be a bit biased as a mother and anyone who knows me knows I can be just a bit protective, but someone needs to be. We need to protect the innocent.

I have seen too much pain here to give a damn about the right of perps.

sorry...a bit energized about this.

#173457 - 08/15/07 02:16 PM Re: To Catch a Predator - Rolling Stone Mag [Re: healingpartner]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well that's a good point. There really is no excuse for having such a conversation with a kid (or someone you've been told is a kid). I suppose unless someone already is a pedophile, they're not going to be "convinced" to be one, no matter how much they are taunted. I guess you're right.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.