Hey there y'all. My name's Mike and I'm new to the MS website.

Here's a condensed view of where I'm coming from for folks I haven't met yet. In 2nd grade, my parents separated. My mother took my brother & me to live near her parents in Washington, DC. During that time, my mother's uncle molested me for about 1 1/2 years. My mother knowingly allowed this abuse to go on because she was afraid that if she confronted him she might be cut off from her family's money. My grand-uncle played on my deep needs for acceptance & affection; very emotionally intimate.

My grand-uncle used my deep need for affection to manipulate me. I vividly remember times getting out of the shower with him & laying on his white tiger rug or bed. He performed oral sex on me, sodomized me, forced me to perform oral sex on him. He may have forced my younger brother & me to engage each other sexually (a but fuzzy on that). He was never violent. Recognizing my emotional vulnerability, he was emotionally intimate: cuddled me, held me, snuggled me, lavished me with affection.

It was about 6-7 years ago that I began recovering the memories of my grand-uncle's abusing me. Some of the results have been me beginning to get an understanding of my chronic depression, inability to trust people, my tendency to isolate myself, insomnia, self-esteem problems, why I've always been passive in relationships, & even why I've suffered from chronic severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome (clinically linked to CSA). I've also gained insight on the types of relationships that I tried to form.

I'm very glad to find a resource like this MS website where guys (and girls) can share the things we've experienced - and help each other to go forward.

"...rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..."

"...for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost..."