Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#170426 - 08/01/07 11:26 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: buzz_key]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
Frost,

That is excellent! God is never early or late, He is always right on time. I know that He is going to bless you.

It is so cool to hear about this. I just put up a post about a week ago about telling my parents, which, by the way, I haven't done yet. I'm still really nervous and scared of possible repercussions from it.

But, for you, it sounds like it is your time. Go for it. I hope that you will let us know how everything goes.

God bless,
John, The Music Man

#170593 - 08/02/07 07:55 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: MusicMan]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Frost,

It doesn't happen like that all the time, of course, but when it does it's like this wonderful message sent our way that says "I love you!"

John

#170651 - 08/02/07 11:37 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: WalkingSouth]
heismyworld Offline
New Here

I believe God is real. And I know He's guiding the healing of my husband. But, it is hard to grasp His timing sometimes--for my husband suffered and acted out for years before he could tell anyone. I wish God would have helped him stop. I'm thankful my husband is free of all disease and never got caught, and I wish he'd have been protected and not ever been abused.

#171664 - 08/07/07 12:29 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: buzz_key]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
It's interesting to me to see how guys picked up on my comment about coincidences. I am a scientifically oriented person and I make my living making "sense" of things as a university teacher. So, for example, if I see a pond freeze in January in Berlin, and then see the same thing happen in Utrecht the next day, I will feel okay in concluding that the low temperature in both places has something to do with it. I would consider it unlikely if someone told me, no, it's a coincidence and there may be places where, under ordinary circumstances, water doesn't freeze at 32 F.

So when I see "coincidences" like we are talking about here, it also makes sense to me to think that there is no coincidence at all, but that the "law" at work is just something beyond my comprehension right now. I don't feel I am the one missing out on something if these coincidences begin to add up and I think of myself as "blessed", whereas another guy thinks he is just "lucky". But how he sees things is still up to him so far as I am concerned.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#171665 - 08/07/07 12:31 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: roadrunner]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Nicely said, Larry.

M

#171754 - 08/07/07 06:51 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: roadrunner]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
It's interesting to me to see how guys picked up on my comment about coincidences.

It's no coincidence that we picked up on your comment about coincidences.

perhaps its a coincidence that i started this thread and it ended up being about coincidences that were coincidentally not coincidences but acts of a higher power that is watching out for us by means of subtle things that many people perceive as coincidences?

my head just exploded
what a mess
~B

#174319 - 08/19/07 02:30 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: roadrunner]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
On this topic:

Check out this book:
When GOD winks
-How the power of coincidence guides your life
by Squire Rushnell

Amazon.com - When GOD winks

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#174335 - 08/19/07 03:41 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: Frog]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

a higher power looking over us?nevermind

#210329 - 03/12/08 04:40 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: buzz_key]
JT's the Man Offline

I call them "god winks"

JT

#210363 - 03/12/08 08:53 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: JT's the Man]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I say its a god thing, whenever a coincidence happens. I have no other way to express it. I'm proud of you Brain you have come a long way and I hope you may find peace and understanding that you deserve. Your a good guy Brian and an inspiration to me.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.