Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174308 - 08/19/07 01:03 PM Where was GOD? Why did this happen?
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

Where was GOD? Why did this happen?
by Sallie Culbreth

http://www.committedtofreedom.org/why.pdf

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#175694 - 08/25/07 10:08 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: Frog]
christopher76 Offline
New Here

I think thats complicated question. I've done alot of thinking and reading. And personally I have come to the conclusion that "god" has nothing to do with. I do believe that there is something beyound ourselves, however I don't believe that god steps in and saves people. There are defiantely instances that could take on a divine like quality in an individuals life. I feel bad things happen and they are not right but we have to do our best to put everything back together.

#175698 - 08/25/07 10:32 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: christopher76]
christopher76 Offline
New Here

Actually I was just thinking I replied to this but maybe this was just meant as a statement. If it was I'm sorry.

#175713 - 08/25/07 11:46 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: christopher76]
Frog Offline

Chris,

Did the article help explain some questions you may have had?

It helped me some, BUT I still have many, many questions...
for GOD...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#175829 - 08/25/07 07:03 PM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: Frog]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Frog, Christopher,

Here is the answer I came up with in April 2006:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...=true#Post16901

For the sake of context, let me say that I was working on this issue about 5 months after I disclosed to my parents and 4 months after I began therapy in English (previously it had been in German in Hamburg, where I teach).

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#175842 - 08/25/07 07:58 PM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Is FROG "Fully relying on God?"

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#175990 - 08/26/07 11:17 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: Still]
Frog Offline

I have some very serious questions for GOD...
I cannot speak w/ HIM at this time...
I have a serious problem w/ a GOD who will sit
idle while I was being raped and molested...
Because of "CHOICE"...? FUCK that...where was my choice?
And I'm supposed to fully rely and trust HIM to know
whats best for me...?

#175992 - 08/26/07 11:32 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: Frog]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

you just gotta believe frog ! even though all the facts say otherwise you just gotta believe!even though god lets us down at ever turn you just gotta believe!why ?i dont have a clue. gotta believe that god had a good reason for what happened to us but we are just not pure enough to have that reason explained to us.
and there are>

#175995 - 08/26/07 12:18 PM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: shadowkid]
Frog Offline

Originally Posted By: shadowkid

...i say if god does exist then he is useless by his own admission he will not get involved in our lives except to draw us to huge ornate buildings where we can fall down at his feet and thank him for doing nothing ,oh and hey on your way out?dont forget to leave him some cash doing nothing is very expensive you know?

wow...I've thought that way for some time now...I was a very
hard working christian once upon a time...now I have a ton
of questions for GOD that I want answers to...

#176800 - 08/29/07 10:24 AM Re: Where was GOD? Why did this happen? [Re: Frog]
savemyfam Offline

Loc: Chicago
Below is a daily inspiration from Joel Osteen that I received today:

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! (Isaiah 30:18 NIV).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Sometimes, unfair things happen. A relationship doesn't work out, or a friend betrays us. Maybe you worked really hard, but you didn't get the position you deserved. Life is not always fair. The good news is that even though life is not always fair, we serve a God who is fair. He is a God of justice. He sees every wrong that's ever been done to you. He sees every person that's ever hurt you, every unfair situation. If you will stay in faith and not get bitter, God has promised He will pay you back for every injustice that's ever been done to you. He said He would take what was meant for your harm, and He'll turn it around and use it to your advantage. And the great thing about God is if you keep the right attitude, if you'll wait for Him, He'll not only bring you out, He'll bring you out better off than you were before! God wants to make the enemy pay for bringing that trouble into your life. Be encouraged today that God is for you! He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Praise Him and thank Him for showing His justice in your life today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.