Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1736 - 07/31/04 12:02 AM Re: Letter to the Editor
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Male victims are understudied and are not reported in the media. Thank you for taking a step to fix the latter.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#1737 - 07/31/04 12:51 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good for you Marc, and perhaps good for us all! The public needs to be made aware of male sexual abuse other than in the Catholic Church. Priests are beginning to be held accountable and are being watched closer. The vast majority of abuse comes from family or people we know. They are rarely held accountable for the abuse they inflict upon males.

I wish the I had the nad to sign my name to a letter to the editor about this subject. I'd send it into the Florida Times-Union. I'm still chicken shit though, thus the reason these perps get away with it. I have a lot of guilt over that, but still can't do it. Maybe one day.

I admire you, brother!

#1738 - 07/31/04 01:03 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
That article was very well written. I hope it gets the attention it, and we, so richly deserve. God bless you, my brother!
Casey

#1739 - 07/31/04 03:49 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
Aden Offline

Marc,

My “letter to the editor” of our local news paper was published two days ago. It was focused on a particular situation in our community that I have mentioned in another post. I very much like your idea of seeking help form the media in exposing our problem in a more generalized manner. Since our local publisher saw fit to publish my letter, I am encouraged in the possibility that he may be open to a suggestion such as yours. We have been hidden in the shadows by society for far too long. It is high time for some activism.

I hope you don’t mind if I borrow the basic form of your letter to initiate discussion with our local paper. While I am not sure what good will come of this, it is at least a positive step in a productive direction. The city I live in has a population of around 100,000 and has no services specifically for male survives of childhood sexual abuse. Maybe this will give someone in a position to act, the idea to do something. It’s worth a try!

Aden

#1740 - 07/31/04 04:26 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Marc

it is a good letter, when you post it, let us know the outcome.

May be an idea to send them some weblinks

just a thought:::

ste

#1741 - 07/31/04 07:31 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Well said Marc, and it needs to be said.

Dave

#1742 - 08/02/04 10:36 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
YEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D \:\) ;\) :p

Good for you, My Brother!

TJ

#1744 - 08/03/04 11:20 AM Re: Letter to the Editor
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Brother of mine "YOU ROCK" \:D

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#1745 - 08/03/04 12:47 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
Mr. Malaise Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Very well put. Excellent letter!

#1746 - 08/04/04 03:15 PM Re: Letter to the Editor
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Very well stated Marc, and thank you for speaking for us who do not yet have our voices. You are a brave man.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.