Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
10 registered (dan_in_newengland, giant251, irishguym, focusedbody, 5 invisible), 39 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444500 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#174348 - 08/19/07 05:06 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: user2007]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

I'll send up some prayers for you...

Maybe this is the time you tell your parents...

But it is up to you when and whom you share with...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#174349 - 08/19/07 05:14 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: Frog]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

J:

I kind of had a feeling you were going to say that. In the brief amount I know about you, your family gives me the same feel mine had when I was your age. Boundaries just weren't allowed.

When I look back now, I realize that there was one aunt I could have talked to had my mother not done such a thorough job turning me against everyone. I talk to her a lot today.

I really think you need someone you can trust, and I also know that is a heavy burden for you right now. School is still a long ways away, but I also know what it is like to not be able to trust your parents.

My thoughts are definitely with you.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#174353 - 08/19/07 05:35 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: BJK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Julian,

I missed the start of this thread and I'd just like to add a bit to the good ideas that Bryan and Frog have offered to you on how to make your fears and needs known.

It's absolutely understandable how you would feel sharing a room with an adult man after what happened to you, and one thing we learn from things like this is that we can't do all this on our own. I don't mean you because you're a teenager, but all of us. I felt totally lost until I was able to talk to people and get the support and help I needed.

I get what you mean about not being able to talk to your parents yet, but do you see that it's really important that you get help - someone who can support you in your local area? Is there anyone else you can talk to? A relative you trust? A coach? A teacher? A religious adviser?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#174527 - 08/20/07 05:26 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: roadrunner]
user2007 Offline

Yesterday night I called the samaritans here in england. Could say no word, the woman kept talking alone on the phone and I hang up. Dont know if Ill ever be able to talk to sb about this.

This is killing me, I know it. I feel my head spinning for not sleeping for two nights already and studying as if I had the best night ever. Never thought about running away from my home but know even the streets seem safer. I dozed for about ten minutes last night and woke up freaking out realizing Id slept in front of him.

He asked me if I hate him because I keep glaring at him unconsciously and I had to say yes. The mother fucker saw it all in my eyes last night. I know it.

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#174528 - 08/20/07 05:44 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: user2007]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Julian,

I am in England as well and we can talk about this tomorrow if you like. I should be in all day. Please do let me know here if this is something you would like to do.

Have you called the NSPCC hotline for abused children yet? They might be able to help you and they would have more experience in your problem than the Samaritans.

One thing I can tell you is that running isn't the answer. There is a huge danger to a teenager from predators when you run, and running makes it even more difficult to find a solution for things.

Do you have another relative you can go to until this gets sorted? I really feel for the desperate situation you are in.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#174531 - 08/20/07 06:03 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: roadrunner]
user2007 Offline

Called ChildLine now. It wasnt a long conversation but I feel much better. Thanks, Larry.

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#174532 - 08/20/07 06:05 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: user2007]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
\:\(
i hope it works out for you man

#174553 - 08/20/07 07:45 PM Re: Unrealistic fear [Re: hideout]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

Stay away from the streets...I was kicked outta the house
by my parents when I was 16...living on the streets SUCKS...
you DO what you have to, to SURVIVE...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.