Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (woodenshoes, DaiseyLady, BobdaFarmer61, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64201 Topics
448026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174059 - 08/18/07 09:58 AM if it ain't broke
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i know i've frustrated plenty of people lately. i say how bad i feel but then don't listen to suggestions of how to make things better. well - for what it's worth, i think i know what's going on. understand please, i realize people here only mean the best - we want to help because we hate seeing others in pain. that is known. and appreciated. anyhoo - as for what's going on inside me...

someone asks how i'm doing
i say not good
they have suggestions on what i can do to change things

and deep inside this voice cries out "there is nothing wrong with me! it is ok to hurt! it is ok to have pain!"

i'm not broken, only wounded.

and for me, sometimes i just need to be able to say i don't feel good without having someone feel they need to "fix" me.

i just need a way of saying that without hurting people's feelings. you all mean SO MUCH to me. i'd just not come online when i feel this way - but i need to be WITH people, just not feeling like everyone's trying to change me.

i doubt this makes much sense - but i needed to get this out to those of you who have been confused or hurt by my actions.

M

#174063 - 08/18/07 10:07 AM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: MarkK]
AJC Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois, USA
M -

I mostly come here when I am needing to be WITH people. Just like you said in your posting. Last night i was spiraling into a depression and I came to MS.org and found a couple of people in the chat room area to BE WITH. So I didn't feel helpless and alone. I understand that completely. And we don't always need a nurse - sometimes we just need a shoulder to lean on.

I hear ya buddy!

-Andrew

#174073 - 08/18/07 10:50 AM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: AJC]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

One of the most important skills for those abused to learn is how to ask for what they need. You've just done that very eloquently. Bravo! Sometimes a person just needs to feel like he's been heard.

I hear you, Mark.

Lots of love,

John

#174093 - 08/18/07 12:13 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: WalkingSouth]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanx guys. It helps to be heard. Even more to be understood.

M

#174096 - 08/18/07 12:21 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: MarkK]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Sometimes life becomes unbearable. I know I can always come hear. This forum is not a crutch for the invalids. It is a gift and a blessing and a tool we choose to use to make our lives better. I love the help I get here and I love to give it back however I can.

By the way Markk, Tapping.com is the shit!

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#174100 - 08/18/07 12:32 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: endlessjourney]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

which means??

#174101 - 08/18/07 12:33 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: MarkK]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Mark, I think what EJ is saying it that tapping.com is good stuff. Kinda ironic how some of our slang works.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#174107 - 08/18/07 12:57 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: FormerTexan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

... i feel so old ...

m

#174109 - 08/18/07 01:00 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: MarkK]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

I can relate to that statement MarkK....

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#174115 - 08/18/07 01:08 PM Re: if it ain't broke [Re: Frog]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
So can I. Ya know, the first time I heard "my bad" I was confused. It sounded like an unfinished sentence. Your bad...your bad what? Your bad dog? Your bad day? Interesting way to accept blame.

But then, I digress..

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.