Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (peroperic2009, GT13568, 2 invisible), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438344 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#173904 - 08/17/07 12:24 PM confused
BruisedSpirit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
This is bothering me. It doesn't seem right that I can't control these emotions. One minute I'm OK; the next minute I'm depressed; and then I'm angry; and then I'm afraid. It's just so confusing.

I know that I don't want to stay like this. I just don't know what to do.

Scott

#173978 - 08/17/07 07:41 PM Re: confused [Re: BruisedSpirit]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Scott,

So many of us go through this stage where our emotions seem to be utterly out of control. Part of the reason is that we have spent so much time emotionally closed down that dealing with feelings again is a genuine challenge.

Another is that once we let go and allow ourselves to feel again, we get hit by what I told my T felt like an emotional hurricane. She asked me one day what feelings I could identify, and you know, I couldn't name a single one for certain. All I knew was that I was getting hit from every side at once.

All these feelings need to be processed one way or another,and as for what to do, I guess the answer is do what works. In my case talking about things helps a lot, and I also benefited by writing down everything I could remember about the bad times as a kind of long survivor story. I know journaling also helps some guys.

I think these things all help because they give us back some sense of control - that feeling that while things may be rough, we are not helpless and powerless as we face them

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.