Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, motmcd, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442055 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#173699 - 08/16/07 04:37 PM Re: picture [Re: buzz_key]
Trevor Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
ur not being 2 forwrd
i get wat ur saying
an thnx for saying it

#173700 - 08/16/07 04:38 PM Re: picture [Re: Trevor]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
you bet...you ARE worth it!

#173701 - 08/16/07 04:48 PM Re: picture [Re: Trevor]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Trev,

Originally Posted By: Trevor
ru kidding me?
it makes me sick!

You know why you feel that way and we don't? You see that pic and you think of all the bad feelings about being you that abuse has given you. But all those feelings are false and wrong.

We don't have all those feelings blocking our view and confusing things for us. We just see Trev as he was - just another regular and pretty cool kid.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#173712 - 08/16/07 05:50 PM Re: picture [Re: roadrunner]
bp83 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I look at my pictures and think I look like a little girl.
afro-y, blonde, curly hair, big puffy cheeks. I look at my pictures now and think everybody still hates me, ignores me, can't even get an answer for help here...

"Life is for living, we all know, and I don't want to live it alone..."-Chris Martin

#173749 - 08/16/07 08:36 PM Re: picture [Re: bp83]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trevor,

Your thread inspired me to write this:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=173582&page=1#Post173582

This little boy you see in your picture...he grew up to be you.

I don't know if I feel exactly the same way you do, but your words hit me hard. I'd say I owe both you and the boy in your picture a lot just for starting this thread.

Bryan

Edited by BJK (08/16/07 08:37 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#173776 - 08/16/07 10:55 PM Re: picture [Re: BJK]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
I hate to be a negative nelly, here, because I tend to be a pretty positive and upbeat person, but I don't like the pictures of me as a child either.

I tried a picture of me as an adult with my face half-covered, but had some really mixed and overwhelming feelings about that, too. I just chose to not have any pictures of me. I guess that if I could find an avatar of what a jerk looks like, or maybe a question mark, that might fit me. Otherwise, I don't need one.

I have thought a lot about this and I'm glad that you started this thread Trevor.

The only depictions of myself that I can tolerate are those where I am either performing, or back in my drinking days. I guess what that is telling me is that I like myself better when I am someone else.

I am glad that you did have the nerve enough to post your picture and to talk about it. I guess that's telling me that you want to get comfortable with yourself. I really hope that you succeed. I think you've helped us along the way.

God bless,
John, The Music Man

#173808 - 08/17/07 04:32 AM Re: picture [Re: MusicMan]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
The one thing I can say Trevor, is that, no matter what... You are a strong person and You'll get through this. It's frustrating but it's important to keep trying. The truth will come soon enough. We can't expect to have all of the answers we need at once. Sometimes, true revelation takes time. We all want the answers to our questions right now but it's important to know that nature will take it's course and we will learn everything we need to know in due time. Frustrating, yes, that's just how things work. You'll get it. You're on the right track. I would recommend to keep doing what you're doing. You rock kid!
I see you fighting for what you believe in. I admire that!

Much love,
Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.