Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#173549 - 08/15/07 08:38 PM A long needed week off, but...........
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
Ok guys,

I'm a little, correct that, a lot anxious.

My wife just informed me that we are going to take a week off, starting Friday, so she can take me to the Twin Cities for a Birthday Vacation!!

While I can sure use the time away from work, the thought of the two of us, stuck together, for 6 days has me worried. We have come a long way from the posts you may have read a few months ago, but still have much ground to cover. I'm just worried that things could get ugly, so far away from home, with no way to really get away from each other should we need a cooling off period.

Anyone been in a similar situation? If so, I'd love to hear any advise or suggestions that might be offered. Even if you have not been in a similar situation, I'll be glad to hear anyone's input.

I am however, looking forward to finding out IF I still LOVE roller coasters? It's been about 25 years since I got on one, and there are 6 of them where she wants to take me. I can hardly wait for the thrill, hope my heart can still take it!!

I'm not sure if I get to take my laptop, or if this has to be an "away from EVERYTHING" trip or not, might check into that tonight. We plan to take off on Friday morning, so if you don't see any sign of me for a few days, that's the reason and when we return, I will be back. Hopefully feeling good after a wonderful trip, and not the opposite of that.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#173552 - 08/15/07 08:42 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: emptydreamer]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Scott,

Sounds like the plan has all the makings of a great trip, especially with all those rollercoasters. I wish I could lure my wife onto them!

I would have to say that when my wife and I have had trouble since I began dealing with things, it's been because of a lack of communication. If you keep the channels of communication open and trust each other with how you are feeling that ought to get you off to a great start.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#173554 - 08/15/07 08:46 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: roadrunner]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Larry,

I always appreciate your advice. I will do my part to try to keep the door propped open!!

As far as getting her on them. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!! She has already informed me that she will be the photographer and WILL NOT get on one!

Much love back!
Scott

#173555 - 08/15/07 08:47 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: roadrunner]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Scott - go and have a great time. Try and relax. If you can get on those roller coasters, that is something that would make an inner child very happy (that would be my excuse anyway)

Sounds like your wife is really trying to make a go of it! If you feel like arguing, just think of what an effort she is making to make you happy!

Best wishes ...Rik

PS - leave the laptop at home and chill!

#173562 - 08/15/07 08:54 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: emptydreamer]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, emptydreamer,

My wife and I have drastically different schedules as far as sleep goes. She likes to sleep in...I get up early. So when we travel it works out great. I wander around in the mornings checking everything out...then bring her coffee back to wake her up.

We just got back from a trip across the country to visit relatives...it was great fun, but we were both very thankful to get back home.

Wishing you a wonderful trip!!!

And, oh yea...watch out fer that bridge on 35 :-)

:-)

Dave

#173569 - 08/15/07 09:29 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: ttoon]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
LEAVE THE LAPTOP AT HOME..................

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#173665 - 08/16/07 01:33 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: Frog]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks everyone,

By popular vote, including my wife, the laptop will not be making the trip with us.

ttoon, we too have different schedules, but unlike you, she is the one who gets up early. Maybe I'll try to talk her into getting me coffee? lol Oh yeah, we will do our best to avoid those bridges!!

Rik, you are correct, she is making a go of it, and I recognize and appreciate her effort. We are going to have a great time, I will make sure of it.

Best wishes and warmest regards, and to use Larry's wonderful tag line (hope you don't mind Larry?)
MUCH ROLLERCOASTING!!
Scott

#173717 - 08/16/07 05:57 PM Re: A long needed week off, but........... [Re: emptydreamer]
bp83 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I'm so glad you won't be disappearing from here Scott, I miss seeing how much more we have in common even though we are seperated about 30 years!!!

"Life is for living, we all know, and I don't want to live it alone..."-Chris Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.