Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (AlexBoyd, WontGiveUp, Judd, Broken1968, bluesky, Mr. Malaise), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64439 Topics
450103 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#17366 - 12/18/01 09:17 AM Acting Out - Part of Process ... So now what?
sonlite Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Well -

Thpst and books and other survivors have all told me that 'acting out' is part of the process and to go easy on myself if/when it happens. It happened.

1. Sunday nite VERY Depressed & Agitated.
2. went to xxx bookstore went in booth.
3. mr annonymous came in and said I was 'hot looking' and tried to kiss me and I wouldn't let him.
4. give/take oral w one annonymous male.
5. I was numb and not connected to self - I didn't really get-off on it, but wasn't throwing up either.
6. mr annoymous left, I locked door. And watched some movies by myself.
7. Enjoyed seeing some of the cuddling type sex activity no matter if participants were M:F, M:M, F:F .
8. I was SO jealous of cuddling/closeness.
9. I left w/out anything else happening.
10. SO NOW WHAT ?!?

I don't feel like the world is going to end. I don't feel really guilty either. I don't feel like I am gay or bi. I don't feel like I am straight. I don't feel like I am a man. I don't feel ANYTHING!

SO NOW WHAT?

#17367 - 12/18/01 09:31 AM Re: Acting Out - Part of Process ... So now what?
sonlite Offline

Me again / Sorry, More Angst -

How come I FROZE when w my ex-g/friend? If it was my "moral compass" that kicked in when we were hot & heavy, where was that "moral compass" when I was headed for the xxx bookstore?

I am angry w myself for being worried about the "doing right by her" - religious thing. Hell, I should have 'gone down on her' and gotten as far w her as I could bc at least it was w/in the context of a dating relationship. Instead I feel like so much lesser of a man for passing up such an amazing opportunity for closeness w someone I loved.

I hate all this. All I ever wanted was to be appreciated and invested in. I didn't want to be a perfect target for a pedophile bc I was cute and quiet as a kid. What is wrong w me that ex-wife and ex-girlfriend just abruptly bailed?

Do I care too much? Do I need to go and just 'bang a few chicks' so I can learn to be Insensitive? Is that how to 'embrace being single again'?

enough of this for now, back to work.
* God, I wish I could have therapy more than 1 hr week bc for me, I can't ever escape it. Hell my intake client this a.m. was a sexual abuse victim and I had to sit there w my heart pounding listening to her story.
J

#17368 - 12/18/01 11:48 AM Re: Acting Out - Part of Process ... So now what?
fmighell Offline

Loc: Anchorage,Alaska
sonlite-
For me going to the adult book store was like a release of built-up feelings annoymously.
So I didn't have to deal with another person personally, or be committed.
I slowly have stop going, a little bit at a time.
As I had learned while growing up into an adult, my sex abuse tought me that sex is annoymous, not to feel and that everything was OK.

I know differently today.

I feel worthy after I treated someone else as a worthy person, to be personal with and make a commitment to myself and to her and them.

I know but I didn't feel as if, healing takes time, like my abuse happen over time and undoing the things that I have learned will take time. I still have to keep learning today, even after thirty-five years.

fmighell anc ak

#17369 - 12/18/01 12:02 PM Re: Acting Out - Part of Process ... So now what?
contender Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hi,

Maybe you should focus in on the cuddling/closeness aspect of what you saw since this might be what you really want and are acting it out in a sexual way.

#17370 - 12/18/01 05:07 PM Re: Acting Out - Part of Process ... So now what?
sonlite Offline

Thanks for the responses -

fmighell: thanks for the grace.

contender: What do you mean by "focus on the closeness"?

J

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.