Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173655 - 08/16/07 12:25 PM hi everyone
vance Offline
New Here

hi everyone im new, i hope this is the right place to put this. something bad happened 9 years ago and ive never been able to talk about it, think about it or deal with it until recently. ive developed some bad habits and a ton of anxiety and ive pushed everyone away. i am not sure what to do next or where to go with it. thanks!

#173656 - 08/16/07 12:36 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: vance]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Hi Vance.

Welcome to the site! You will find some cool folks here who can relate to what you said.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#173657 - 08/16/07 12:45 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: FormerTexan]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hi, Vance & welcome!

I hope you can find some support and a place to go here. It's been a great place for me.

David

#173658 - 08/16/07 12:56 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: MemoryVault]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi Vance,

Welcome man. I might suggest reading around some of the discussion boards - they are categorized by general topic matter.
You may find posts that have information valuable to what you are going through...

in your own time hopefully you will feel comfortable posting specific concerns, thoughts, questions etc. - there are many guys here, we can relate and won't judge, just help, support, and encourage where we can.

#173727 - 08/16/07 07:22 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: buzz_key]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

welcome----------------------Vance---------------read the post--------------------take your time-------------steve

#173765 - 08/16/07 10:10 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: sabata]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to MS Vance

This is a good place to talk

Lots of good information to be found here

Lots of understanding people to talk with

you are not alone in this journey - not anymore now that you've found this place

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#173766 - 08/16/07 10:19 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: vance]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
Hi vance and welcome. You've come to the right place to find support from everyone. I have found it to be very helpful.

I can relate to how negatively "something bad" can impact your life. We've probably all developed bad habits because of what hasbeen done to us. Probably most of us suffer from anxiety. I know that I definitely do.

the best thing to do is to keep talking about your feelings. That is what helps the anxiety to subside, especially when there are so many of us who understand how you feel.

I wish you the best.

God bless,
John, The Music Man

#173767 - 08/16/07 10:21 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: MusicMan]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Hey vance Welcome to ms its a good place glad to have you hope it helps.

,Chris

#173901 - 08/17/07 12:10 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: theatrekid]
vance Offline
New Here

hello - thanks everyone. I never spoke about any of this before. my gf kind of knows about it and she trys to get me to talk sometimes but I cant and when she pushes I find myself getting angry, then isolate myself and wont talk to her or anyone for days. I guess I sort of feel like it was my fault that it happened in the first place. The police said something about being at the wrong place at the wrong time and that I shouldnt worry about it much in fact they kind of blew me off, that bothered me a lot but I never said anything. after it happened my parents kind of blew me off too, dad disowned me and mom is just too embarrassed to talk to me about it, I can see the way they look at me too, in digust, like I am a monster. I hope this isnt hard to follow, sorry if it is.

#173903 - 08/17/07 12:22 PM Re: hi everyone [Re: vance]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
You are safe here and we will not blow you off. What happened to you was NOT your fault, Vance. That is hard to accept, but it is true. You need to talk about this in your own time, as you feel safe. We are not going anywhere, and when you feel like sharing... how ever much or little feels right, we will be here to listen. There is no judgement here, just brothers who know what it is like.

Welcome - I am sorry you have to be here, but glad you found the site. It is an amazing place of healing.

Dan

Marge Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.