Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, Doubter, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#173253 - 08/14/07 05:32 PM is it weird
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
this is sort of like the cutting yourself forum
but in my case, sometimes i do insanely crazy things like break my hand with a rock and hit it against a wall until i pass out
for no reason other than to do it
i think its kinda weird

#173255 - 08/14/07 05:44 PM Re: is it weird [Re: hideout]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Hideout,

I think the reasons you do this would be similar to those for why a guy cuts. You may feel you need to be punished. You may consider that harming yourself is a way to feel something, rather than nothing at all. Or you may find that this pain is more bearable because you yourself have caused it; you are in control.

Like I said on that other thread, these are all coping strategies we learn as abused boys. Don't blame yourself for any of this; just get help in dealing with the problem. Any doctor will understand and won't blame you either.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.