Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Damian1974, iaccus, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64198 Topics
447997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#173095 - 08/13/07 08:39 PM "Closure"
LuisOptomistic1 Offline

Loc: OR
Just saw a screening of my film "Closure" here in L.A. and it went well. Lots of questions from sincere, open minded people. Very refreshing.

#174437 - 08/20/07 02:01 AM Re: "Closure" [Re: LuisOptomistic1]
LuisOptomistic1 Offline

And the great feedback just keeps coming.

Having just watched the three clips featured on MySpace ** myspace address edited out by Brian** and being a survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA) myself I support 100% the making of this film, the more CSA is talked about the better as it is high time the stigma was dropped with regards being a survivor. I thought "Mysterious Skin" was close to my story but "Closure" appears to have gotten closer that MS. I will be doing as much as I can to promote this film within the UK survivors community.

Edited by Brian (08/22/07 01:37 PM)

#174675 - 08/21/07 12:46 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: LuisOptomistic1]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am glad it is going good. But you seem very 'single minded' here, as all your posts is been about and promoting your film. You have even gone into chat room, and so far I know, rarely ever say anything there. You have not posted anything personal of yourself, and have not at all posted any support of other members here. To me, you are not so much more then 'spam' here. So this will be my one response to you.

Good luck.

VN

#174829 - 08/21/07 09:56 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: VN]
LuisOptomistic1 Offline

VN,
I don't need to spam the film. *** edited by Brian*** I'm not here to promote the film, it needs no help being promoted. *** edited by Brian*** I support every survivor hence the film and its message.

Here's some advice *** edited by Brian***

Edited by Brian (08/22/07 12:14 AM)

#174834 - 08/21/07 10:21 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: LuisOptomistic1]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Well, LuisOptomistic, it is possible to not be impressed with someone's attitude and not be rude and arrogant about it. I believe it was offered to you that the member was glad your film was doing good, and good luck was wished to you.

But now that it is been noted, yes, your only posts here have been about your film, including arguing about it with several other members, posts that have since been deleted. So I do not think it is such a stretch to assume that you are here only to promote the movie, and not the healing of yourself or the other survivors here.

Now you can post a response to me as well, and call me names or show your 'non-judgemental' side towards what I have said. That is quite all right, I'm a big boy and can handle it. But just letting you know, it is not only one person at this site who senses your 'single mindedness' in your postings here.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#175046 - 08/22/07 03:14 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: Leosha]
Nick_GA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I think by producing the movie you have done a great service to us all.

Do you know if it will be playing in Atlanta?

Nick

#175048 - 08/22/07 03:16 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: Nick_GA]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
i saw a preview of that on youtube
was wondering what it was

#175065 - 08/22/07 04:23 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: hideout]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

seems like when we the survivors offerd some criticizim of the film you got pissed and left ,if you seek our aproval then you should also accept the crticizm . after all we are the experts right? also does the comment about opend minded people mean we are not? where all all you guys that jumpped on perverted justce ass for making money from abuse now? is this film non profit? is anybody gonna make money from it? please dont delete any response k? shadow

#175066 - 08/22/07 04:34 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: shadowkid]
Aidanchase Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I watched the preview for this movie as I was also interested to see what it was about because I have seen mysterious skin and thought although detailed it helped understanding. Closure unfortunately scared me a lot at the end of the preview and I had to turn it off I hope the murder part isn't real...

#175099 - 08/22/07 08:03 PM Re: "Closure" [Re: LuisOptomistic1]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Luis,

I haven't seen Closure yet, but I plan to do so when I can. Mysterious Skin was a great film in my view, by the way, all the more so in light of the unlikely combination of director and casting.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.