Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#143274 - 02/26/07 08:58 AM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: shadowkid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

it dont go to kids and old people anyway

#143297 - 02/26/07 02:45 PM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: shadowkid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
x

#143546 - 02/28/07 04:24 PM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: shadowkid]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey folks have you heard about http://www.alternet.org? or digg.com

These two very informative websites give much clear perspectives on whats really going on out there!

For my nickel, let me just say that I think our government as a "wHOLE" is a very good idea. I believe we would do just fine without them. All this war and terrorist crap is nothing but propaganda to instill fear in the hearts and minds of Americans so that Government officials spend our money under the guise of protecting us. In all reality, what we need to be protected from is our own government officials!

-Philo

#143558 - 02/28/07 05:59 PM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: philobat]
Koveri Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but I've lived in SE Asia for the past 20 years and yes, Virginia, there IS terrorism. And yes, it is targeted at the 'West'. The terror of Laskar Jihad, and Jemaal Islamia have touched me personally. I am an eye witness. I won't comment on how the US gov't has reacted. I just want to make sure people know terrorism is NOT just smoke and mirrors or all propaganda. A lot of innocent people die daily in Indonesia because of these two groups. The media never goes to places like Palu, Ambon, Poso, Bandung, Makassar, Solo, or Ternate where these attrocities happen DAILY.

Koveri

#143559 - 02/28/07 06:13 PM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: Koveri]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
wow talk about thread jacking. Mark as you know we've had same-sex benefits for quite a while in Canada. It was pretty obvious that it needed to be done because there was really no difference (from a tax and/or social welfare perspective) between long-term gay couples and long-term hetero couples. It was simply cheaper to legislate the benefits than have all the lawsuits tying up the courts.

- Mel Brooks

#172868 - 08/12/07 08:15 PM Re: Gay Marriage in New Jersey [Re: markgreyblue]
gay30something Offline
New Here

Loc: New England, USA
I think gay marriage and even civil unions (and domestic partnership laws) are a very very positive development for the gay community.

Gone are the days where gay couples are stuck being treated like strangers by the law during important life situations.

Definitely gone are the days when gay people were stuck just having highly closeted relationships or even anonymous sex.

As a person in a legally recognized relationship in my state, I can say it helps a lot.

But not until the US Federal gov't recognizes it, will things be solved. There are still many complications, when the couple interacts with federal law.

I've even had to educate many organizations and businesses in our own state and force them to treat us as legal spouses.
At times, even though the law exists, the burocrat doesn't want to acknowledge it because of personal prejudice against gay relationships.

Edited by gay30something (08/12/07 08:17 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.