Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 66 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#172573 - 08/11/07 08:25 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: Muldoon]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Tom,

I remember when I first came here in May 2005 there were only THREE active teenagers: Charlie (14), Kevin (16) and of course Nyjah (then 13). Now look at us! It's so cool to see how guys of all ages feel comfortable here.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#172927 - 08/13/07 08:12 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
scary stats, everytime we get a tone I think to myself this is the one thats gonna make me snap because we'll get called to someones apartment building where some idiot left his toaster oven on and passed out and we'll find some little kid or kids in some shit hole apartment who are abused, neglected, living with rats, etc. They day I walk into that situation is the day I go to jail I guess because I dont think I could hold myself back, plus I carry a big axe lol. When I was 13 or 14 I never considered the fact that I might be able to tell anyone, I was way too brainwashed by that point to think anyone would care or to think I had any right or reason to complain or tell. I figured I just deserved it. If this place was around back then I wouldnt have even dared to come here, but I feel some regret, Im 19 now and I havent really dealt with any of it until now, I probably could have saved myself a few years of anxiety and failed suicide attempts. oh well. Im glad this place is here and Im sick that it has to be.

#172956 - 08/13/07 10:06 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jesse,

Please remember always that everything you are doing in your recovery you are doing at the first possible moment. Coming here when you were 15? Or 17? Or 18? You weren't ready. Now you are. Talk when you were 13 or 14? You have the answer yourself:

Originally Posted By: jessedawg
When I was 13 or 14 I never considered the fact that I might be able to tell anyone, I was way too brainwashed by that point to think anyone would care or to think I had any right or reason to complain or tell. I figured I just deserved it.

But now you know better and you are stronger, and here you are.

Abused neglected kids in some rat-infested shithole? Yep. I bet you will encounter that and worse. But you won't swing an ax at someone - I bet you will just scoop up those kids and get them out.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#172957 - 08/13/07 10:08 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: roadrunner]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
would be saving some kids lives too

#172961 - 08/13/07 10:27 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: hideout]
jessedawg Offline

right, maybe I can save my own too

#172962 - 08/13/07 10:30 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: jessedawg]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
\:\)
im going to bed, or at least going to try to close my eyes for more than 5 seconds

#172965 - 08/13/07 10:36 AM Re: this place **Possible Triggers** [Re: hideout]
jessedawg Offline

good luck \:\)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.