Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, Scott1962, ninjasm, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448050 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172423 - 08/10/07 03:44 PM this place
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
this place makes me sick, not the people or the posts or anything like that, but all the hurt, all the people who were hurt so goddamn bad for no reason, no good reason at all, I was starting to feel good about not being alone but honestly I wish I was the only one who ever had to go through anything like this, I wish I was the only one who ever had to feel this way.

#172426 - 08/10/07 03:48 PM Re: this place [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jesse,

It is rough indeed to come in here and see all the many ways so many guys were hurt as defenseless innocent kids. But look at it this way perhaps. What you are seeing here are the guys who have got it together to do something about it. We are all here to talk, trade ideas and support each other.

There will never be an end to catastrophic hurt in the world. But it's good to see that there are those who are willing not only to fight back for themselves, but also reach out to others as they heal.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#172427 - 08/10/07 03:51 PM Re: this place [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
its a good way to look at it, thanks for pointing that out.

#172429 - 08/10/07 03:54 PM Re: this place [Re: jessedawg]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
jessedawg,

I can certainly relate to the "sick' feeling associated with abuse.

I find myself wishing that everyone else didn't have to be here either, but you know what they say about wishing in one hand, and.......I'm sure you've heard it before.

Wishing is great, but when it comes right down to it, we have to deal with reality. The reality that there are "sick" people in this world who do "sick" things.

That is what I choose to feel "sick" about. Not this place, not the people here, but the "sick" animals that cause anyone to be in a place like this to begin with.

The reality is, we can continue to go through life wounded, and choose to do nothing, or we can make the choice to seek out and make use of every possible tool, or chance, to have a happier more fulfilling life from today forward.

I understand the frustration you feel, I feel it to, but in the end, we have to do what we can to take care of ourselves. We need to be able to help ourselves, to have any hope of ever being able to really help anyone else.

That is what brought me here, and that is what is keeping me here too.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#172430 - 08/10/07 03:57 PM Re: this place [Re: emptydreamer]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
Atleast we can FINALLY talk to someone about the crap we
went thru and what we continue to go thru daily...please
stick around we need you as much as you need us...together
we can and will get thru this...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#172436 - 08/10/07 04:15 PM Re: this place [Re: roadrunner]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jesse , yes this place is full of guys who have been hurt but have reached out to find help. Today guys have this place to come to in the hope of changing thier lives. It does my heart good to see news guys coming here, because

This Place

will help.

Tom

#172442 - 08/10/07 04:49 PM Re: this place [Re: jessedawg]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Now that I've been here for a while and have turned a few stones in my own life, I feel sick at the thought of how many abuse survivors are out there that haven't signed up for this site yet. It's troubling to think there are still so many out there that are struggling alone with this.

Glad you're here jessedawg, keep posting.
~B

#172443 - 08/10/07 04:53 PM Re: this place [Re: frost]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
i was in that situation just yesterday frost

#172444 - 08/10/07 04:54 PM Re: this place [Re: frost]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
4416 Members seems such a low number..this cannot be even
remotely close to the number of survivors...If it is
then great, but if it isn't then it could explain behaviors
in the male population that I have witnessed

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#172445 - 08/10/07 04:56 PM Re: this place [Re: Frog]
hideout Offline

Loc: michigan
what do you mean?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.