Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (finallyhere, focusedbody, Johnnygolightly, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#172385 - 08/10/07 02:00 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: melliferal]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

music and NASCAR!yeah i know redneck lol mell if you carry everything i'll clear the trail for ya

#172387 - 08/10/07 02:06 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: shadowkid]
anyway90 Offline

wow whats a hobby?

#172389 - 08/10/07 02:07 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: melliferal]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
You are right Larry, lots of pickers and pluckers here huh!
I play mostly older classic rock and southern rock, and while I really enjoy listening to the Blues, I'm not very good at playing them. I'm not too good at lead or solo's, mostly back up to my singing.

And melliferal, don't worry, I pack very lightly!

There are many common threads, in this "thread"

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#172408 - 08/10/07 03:21 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: emptydreamer]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

writing, reading, skateboarding, and right now laying in a hosp bed...

#172418 - 08/10/07 03:34 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: Nyjah]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
I used to sing lead in a metal garage band in high school
I've also played the trumpet, piano and flute...
About to get an acustic guitar for my b-day in a couple of
days.. \:\)

Just bought one for my oldest son a couple of weeks ago...
he used to play the violin, and very well I must say he amazed
me at how fast he picked it up....

And if we do go backpacking I'll help "carry the burden"...;)

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#172421 - 08/10/07 03:39 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: anyway90]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: anyway90
wow whats a hobby?

Hey bro, look into this and develop a few of your own! It isn't that difficult and it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Just think of what you like to do and see what might be connected to that. Or even go for something entirely different. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#172432 - 08/10/07 03:58 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: roadrunner]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I can't believe ow many guitar players we have! What do you guys play? Music goes way back in my family and I have a couple of really old guitars (two Dobros from the 30s, for example).

*puts hand up*... I play guitar from time to time. I used to lead worship in church with it but now I just play songs from my music collection that have meaning to me.

I have an acoustic Aria guitar. Very nice sound out of it. My brother has 3 guitars now one of them he inherited from my grandfather its a very old and valuable Martin that was played first by a celebrity of some sort waaaaay back in the day(name escapes me). The celebrity needed a guitar for the show and a guitar store in my grandfather's town loaned it to him for the show. My gramps went in there the following day and bought it. It narrowly escaped a house fire in 2001. Lots of history in that guitar.

my other hobbies include fixing & repairing computers, graphic design, database programming, photography, reading, watching movies, and listening to music.

~B

#172449 - 08/10/07 05:17 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: roadrunner]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm mostly a folk singer, picked up the ol' guit-fiddle to have a chance to get into a band. I could never get the band thing to work out, so I tried the Bob Dylan thing.

A great man once told me, "all you need is three chords and the truth." Perhaps the reason why I didn't make it as a musician the first time around is because I didn't have the truth....

A good friend asked me about three years ago if I would spend some time showing her son how to play. If I had any idea how much that was going to change my life, I'd have said, "no".

Here I am today, afraid that he is going to learn too fast. Afraid that the time will come when I'm not able to teach him anything new. Does it sound wierd? I don't want to lose our one hour a week together. The result? I've again begun to study the instrument myself. I've even started to learn to play piano because music theory is so much easier on a keyboard.

I guess the coffeeshops can wait for now.

Edited by BJK (08/10/07 05:18 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#172451 - 08/10/07 05:23 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: BJK]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: BJK

A great man once told me, "all you need is three chords and the truth." Perhaps the reason why I didn't make it as a musician the first time around is because I didn't have the truth....

What an awesome statement of TRUTH...I believe we do have the
truth, its just that we buried it a long time ago...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#172472 - 08/10/07 06:48 PM Re: Hobbies? ....Possible TRIGGERS..... [Re: BJK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
BJK,

Originally Posted By: BJK

Wow - thanks for the memory of this one. I don't know where you heard this famous phrase, but the version I remember is Bono's line "All I got is a red guitar, three chords and the truth" from U2's cover of Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower".

The blues is mostly like that: 12 bars, three chords, and the truth. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.