Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
4 registered (pete1973, 3 invisible), 47 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441337 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#171677 - 08/07/07 01:38 PM is it any good
anyway90 Offline

I do not have a religion.Lately i have been very low and troubled.One day,some dudes approached me and asked if i wanted to join their church.I said no.Then I regretted for answering so quickly.I am the type of person who hates preaching(no offence)and hate people who approach others to join their religion.So i was shocked that i actually wanted them back.

#171708 - 08/07/07 02:39 PM Re: is it any good [Re: anyway90]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I think sometimes the desire to be accepted, by ANYONE, will make us do things we later wonder about. Shocked that you wanted them back? To me it sounds kinda natural, under the circumstances.

I've spent years bouncing from religion to religion and church to church looking for acceptance. (and, btw, I too hate being "preached at")

Things changed when I realized I could do nothing to gain God's acceptance - I already had it. Do I still crave acceptance from people? ALL THE TIME. But the all-consuming intensity of it has become less. Some.

I dunno if this helps any ...

M

#171709 - 08/07/07 02:42 PM Re: is it any good [Re: anyway90]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Anyway,

How you respond to spiritual overtures and invitations from other people is up to you; something that personal and private only you can judge. But these days you have a lot on your mind and you really need safe people to talk to in your local area.

Are these church activists the kind of safe people you need? That remains to be seen. I would be careful about anyone when you're in such a fragile state emotionally; that makes you easier to manipulate. But at the same time I would not shut out the world either.

Like so many other things in life this one is a matter of hitting the sense of balance that's right for you. What the way forward is I'm not sure, but certainly there is nothing wrong with wanting good safe friends in your life.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.