Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444146 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#171257 - 08/05/07 11:30 PM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: WalkingSouth]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

look at it this way ,they had to create this elaborate deception just to pretend to be as strong and good as all you guys are, they went to all that trouble to be like us ,they dont even come close

#171258 - 08/05/07 11:37 PM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: shadowkid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I'm glad I never read them, something didn't feel "right" about it. I felt his post was just plain weird.

#171267 - 08/06/07 12:03 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: Hauser]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I'm with Hauser.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#171295 - 08/06/07 03:46 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Incidents like this show us a few things. The first and most important is that while we are all here for our own recovery we do care about each other - and we care a LOT. I hope everyone will get past this one, like we have gotten past previous frauds, and continue our work of healing and support for each other. The vast majority of us are here for the right reasons; we need each other, so let's be there for each other.

The other thing I would like to point out is the work of our mod team. John, Dewey and all the others - thanks for figuring this one out and dealing with it. I know this takes a huge amount of time and energy.

The point here is that the posers and frauds all get tripped up somehow or another. They get lazy, careless, or stupid - then the boom comes down on them.

John makes a very important point about reactions to this incident. Many guys will want to express themselves about this, and that's fine, but it's vitally important to "let it go" as soon as possible and get back to the work we are all here for. The simple truth is that idiots like this aren't worth the energy it takes to rage about them.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#171310 - 08/06/07 07:37 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: roadrunner]
Trevor Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
sucks that ppl do this
but im glad evryone beleved him
cuz if it was tru
and nobody beleved him
that would hav sucked even worse

#171328 - 08/06/07 09:02 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: Trevor]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

absolutely correct, Trevor

#171329 - 08/06/07 09:16 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: WalkingSouth]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, I'm pissed off at getting burned, but I still hope I trust enough to get burned again, if it comes to that.

#171332 - 08/06/07 09:23 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: MemoryVault]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trevor,

Truer words have never been written here, man. Thanks!

#171338 - 08/06/07 10:04 AM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: Trevor]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Trev,

Originally Posted By: Trevor
sucks that ppl do this
but im glad evryone beleved him
cuz if it was tru
and nobody beleved him
that would hav sucked even worse

That's exactly it! There's just no end to the terrible and unusual things that can happen in the stuff we're talking about, and we've had numerous cases in the past where questions were raised and then it all proved to be legit in the end.

That's what makes it rough for the mod team. They can't act on the basis of ambiguous information or vague suspicions. As you put it, imagine how it would suck to be a legitimate teen guy being hurt by your own father, then you get banned because of someone's wrong suspicions. This is why it sometimes takes awhile to nail these people, but the mods will get them - you can be sure of that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#171392 - 08/06/07 01:06 PM Re: Fraud brought to light [Re: roadrunner]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is not the first time such a thing have happened here. It will not be the last. People are all kinds of people, and some will not be good. We all know that. It is something proud that people work so hard to help this person. It do not matter that the person is not 'real'. The work and emotions of the good people who helped are real.

It all sounded a bit strange to me, reading about it, but I thought that I just did not understand it since I was not in chat that night. It is nice to know that sometime, the 'radar' of what do not feel right, it is true.

VN

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.