Newest Members
ratherbfishing, NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope, StormyWeather
12804 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (56), bubblytam (57), crazydragon (40), JGag78 (37), kris82 (33), Shin (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (hike1972, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12804 Members
75 Forums
66041 Topics
461711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#171069 - 08/05/07 10:06 AM god------trigger
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok-----------so i havent really grasped this --------------------god---------------------thing--------------so hears my question---------------------------------everyone knows------little boys------------have trouble controling----------thier thing-----------it has a mind of its own--------------gets a boy in all kind of trouble-----------weather they can handle it or not------------------------------so why would a ----------god-----------make someone that way--------------------they should be -------------where the thing works--------------when they are old enough---------------------to understand-----------this sex stuff---------------and be able to fend off------------intruders----------------------------------------then you get old-----------the stupid thing doesnt work hardley at all------------when your mind mite be able to handle it-------------------------------------------------------sorry if this the wrong place to put this----------------------------just wondering--------------------steve

#171070 - 08/05/07 10:23 AM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Steve,

In my opinion, God made us to function and grow at right about the proper rate and time. Our development from boys to men happens as our emotions are ready for it. If, and that's a big IF, our parents are pretty stable and mature people, we would get the proper guidance and protection as boys that we needed. (Some of the men on this site even had great parents, but an abuser still reached them.) The trouble with many of us is that the abuse caused an emotional arrest in us. It's like a rubber band where the ends gets pulled tight, but the middle got caught on something and held back. So the ends keep moving forward but the middle is stuck behind, and the rubber band is held back causing a problem.

In my case, a very important part of my emotional makeup was arrested at around 10 years old. So here is my body growing up and changing, while part of my heart/mind is still thinking like a 10yo because of childhood trauma. If that trauma had not occurred, my heart and mind would have matured as they should have, and sexuality and marriage would have been viewed as a specific time frame for me. I look around me and see men who have handled things just fine and always wondered why not me.

The other side of this is that since I was arrested and didn't realize it until life wasn't working the way I needed it to, I feel quite cheated at my age. In my mind I should have married and had kids 15-20 years ago.

The only part of your post that I'm not sure I understand is this:

"----and be able to fend off------------intruders---"

In my experience, I could not fend off an intrusive mother. One does not say no to the mother. Otherwise a big ringing sound would follow, and I would find myself facing a different direction.

Thoughts?

Money talks, but all it tells me is goodbye.

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#171074 - 08/05/07 10:34 AM Re: god------trigger [Re: FormerTexan]
anyway90 Offline

wow thats a really deep observation.I really agree with it.

#171075 - 08/05/07 10:36 AM Re: god------trigger [Re: FormerTexan]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

fend of intruders----------people taking advantage of you--------and that uncontroable thing

#171115 - 08/05/07 02:36 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i think the answer is kinda simple for me,god didnt do any of the other things i expected him to do ,so why should i expect him to make my mind and body grow at the same rate?

#171452 - 08/06/07 04:06 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: shadowkid]
easterneurope Offline

Loc: eastern europe
people abuse each other, not God ...we messed it up with Adam and Eve, you know. It wasn't His plan for it to all turn out this way

#171661 - 08/07/07 12:18 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: easterneurope]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
My continuing thought on this is that if we think of God as merciful and interested in our welfare, then it seems safe to conclude that he would want to make sure nothing terrible happened to us. But can that be made to work in any way? I don't think so. If God is also all-knowing and all-powerful, then there is no bad thing that he would not know about and nothing he would be unable to prevent or fix.

So what would happen if God were all these things and then acted on our behalf? We would be living in some kind of Fantasyland where bad things never happen, good and evil don't exist (because no one can do anything bad), and there is no moral dimension to anything we do. It might be safe and reassuring in a kind of bovine way, but we would be on strings in a divine puppet theatre. No risk, but no triumph; no evil, but no good either; no failure, but no achievement.

So Steve, I would say that the answer to your question is that we develop physically according to the physical laws of biology. I don't mind if anyone says these laws are the work of God. But if in the case of survivors that process doesn't allow us to achieve our full potential for sexual fulfillment, I would say that's the fault of individuals in society and not the task of God to address.

I do believe God reaches out to us to reassure and encourage us, but I don't believe that he zaps anyone to suddenly save their bacon (or anything else).

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#171663 - 08/07/07 12:29 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: roadrunner]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
I like that Larry: the Divine versus the Bovine.

I feel like I'm flogging this one a lot, but everytime I hear the subject come up, it always leads me back to the same conclusion: that God will not interfere with people's power of choice. Otherwise, as Larry described, we become mere puppets instead of choosing when we can. I love it so much when someone chooses to do good for me. They send me a nice email or buy me something or carry me when I'm dashed on the bricks like pottery. Imagine how God feels when we choose to listen to Him and love Him.

My $0.02 worth.

Andy

#171672 - 08/07/07 12:56 PM Re: god------trigger *DELETED* [Re: FormerTexan]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by shadowkid

#171673 - 08/07/07 01:02 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: shadowkid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Adam, it's ok.

You are stating how you feel and that to me is ok. I don't see an attack.

Edited by FormerTexan (08/07/07 01:16 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.