Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#170198 - 07/31/07 10:01 PM Re: You have got to be kidding [Re: pain4ever]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Quote:
Again its all based on your point of view...the reference point for each person on what is troublesome.

Please. I can be perfectly calm about major crises, and flip out when I can't find a pen!

#170215 - 08/01/07 01:15 AM Re: You have got to be kidding [Re: WalkingSouth]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Don't you just like hate it when the limo shows up and needs to be all liked vacuumed out?

#170236 - 08/01/07 08:54 AM Re: You have got to be kidding [Re: MemoryVault]
pain4ever Offline

Originally Posted By: MemoryVault
Quote:
Again its all based on your point of view...the reference point for each person on what is troublesome.

Please. I can be perfectly calm about major crises, and flip out when I can't find a pen!

Exactly...I am the same way...in our point of view major crises is what we are used to but something simple like not being able to find a pen flips us out.

Brian

#170665 - 08/03/07 03:15 AM Re: You have got to be kidding [Re: pain4ever]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lorie,

Your post and feeling of "get a real problem" remind me of something that happened years ago when I worked as a journalist covering the Lebanese civil war for a Beirut newspaper.

People were dying at the rate of more than 100 per day, most of them innocent civilians caught in the crossfire between the militias, and shells were crashing down on neighborhoods far from the front lines all the time. I won't go into the details, but I was real lucky on two or three occasions.

Anyway, I was doing some grocery shopping at a supermarket near me one day when I overheard two "society madams", as the term goes, talking about the war in the next aisle. One commented about the incredible suffering the war was causing, and the other replied, "Oh yes, you are so right. You know, I just CAN'T find Fluffy's cat food anymore, and she REFUSES to eat anything else."

I was mad about that one for weeks!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.