Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Doubter, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#170595 - 08/02/07 08:09 PM Vocational Rehab
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Has anyone ever used it to help them get a job. I have self-esteem issues, and I really need to get a new job but I can't seem to get past that to get one.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#170598 - 08/02/07 08:20 PM Re: Vocational Rehab [Re: onlyakid]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jason I have gotten help but it was a long time ago and don't know if the program is still around. All I would say is take any help that is possible. Think that they have program in most states with the work force training. Best of luck.

Tom

#170602 - 08/02/07 08:40 PM Re: Vocational Rehab [Re: Muldoon]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey------------Jason--------------i havent done anything like that------------i hope there is one out there for you-------------just wanted to let you know------------you arent the only one with self esteem issues-----------------best to you----------------steve

#170656 - 08/03/07 12:47 AM Re: Vocational Rehab [Re: sabata]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
YES, I just went there two days ago!!!

#170659 - 08/03/07 01:42 AM Re: Vocational Rehab [Re: sportinrucks]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Jason I went to Hyram G.Andrews Vocational Rehabation School in Johnstown Pa. several years ago . They taught me Automotive repair . I had to study my ass off and work like a dog . But it was the best thing that I ever did . I was taught a trade that I worked at for several years and made a fair liveing at. Most schools will test you and see where your aptitude is best sutted for your intrests . Ir You can go to a votech JUMP on it . and take advantage . I am no longer able to hold a job . But I have a skill that I still am able to make a little money at home repairing cars once in a while .
This will be the best thing that you can do for your self . If you take advantage of this

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.