Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (pete1973, Obi, Austintexan, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441437 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#170862 - 08/03/07 10:49 PM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: sabata]
Rambler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Planet Earth
Mike5,

Do you really want to change your life?

Go to a WOR.

I guarantee you will come away a different man if you open yourself up.

Much love,

John

#170865 - 08/03/07 11:00 PM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: sabata]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know this may seem or sound ridiculous...but Level 1? Is participation in level 1 a requirement before doing any other levels?

How many levels are there?

Dave

Edited by ttoon (08/03/07 11:00 PM)

#170870 - 08/03/07 11:37 PM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: ttoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Participation in Level I is prerequisite to attending a Level II. Trust me, I asked. They don't even give moderators a special dispensation! \:D

Mike,

The Four Springs WoR in the Napa Valley of California was a life altering event. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I'm so glad I went. The other guys have done a fantastic job of presenting what it's all about. I can only agree and add that the facilitators are some of the most caring and professional therapists you could possibly hope for. Like Larry says, you will receive a phone call form one of them prior to the event. He will put you at ease and be able to draw you out in a way where you don't feel threatened.

The other thing that will happen is you'll meet some of the most amazing and caring men you'll ever encounter in your life. Survivors just like you who understand how much it hurts to be a survivor and who are determined to work past the pain and dysfunction the abuse caused in their life. You couldn't find finer friends in the world.

Lots of love,

John

#170871 - 08/03/07 11:44 PM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: WalkingSouth]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

LOL

Geeez we got a lot of rules don't we?

Thanks...I'll do someone else's

Dave

#170872 - 08/03/07 11:50 PM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: ttoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Go for it, Dave!

There are a number of professionally run programs out there. Find one you like and do it. I don't think you'll regret it no matter which you attend.

John

Edited by walkingsouth (08/03/07 11:52 PM)

#170875 - 08/04/07 12:18 AM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: WalkingSouth]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO

I expect to be there in September.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#170883 - 08/04/07 12:29 AM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: FormerTexan]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Okay...

Sorry bout that outburst.

I got an attitude tonight, sorry.

August is just not my month. Three of my sibs have died in the last five years in August.

I have done maybe about fifteen of this type of workshop...it truly is an amazing experience. Absolutely. That many guys all in one place...is cool.

:-)

Dave

#170928 - 08/04/07 08:54 AM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: ttoon]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Thanks to all who have posted here.

A special thanks to Mike for starting the thread.

I am planning to attend the Workshop in Ohio this October. So I appreciate the input about the experience. For those who say they caan't afford it, aren't there some scholorships available?

Gerald

#170931 - 08/04/07 09:17 AM Re: Anger and fear and the male survivor weekends? [Re: mike5]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Mike, Although I am new to the group, I am not new to fear so I understand the dread that one feels facing risks and what ifs. It occurs to me how afraid I was to come out as gay...I did it was freeing. When I returned to college at age 48, I said I cannot do this, but I went and I did really well. Now I am 50 and in grad school in spite of believing I am not good enough, smart enough or competetive.
I was angry at God for my life, I finally broke down in desperation. I was sobbing in pain, begging for help and it came. So I know facing fears is a risk, but for each time I took the risk, the risk paid off.
I am on my way to becoming a Masters level social worker and it is in my very being to never mislead anyone that might cause harm. I am that sort of person and believe we all are the same. Especially MS. So trust the supporters, trust yourself and go for it. You are so worth the effort. Be well, be safe and only look back to see how far you have come.
Peace,
Dan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.