Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (51), PhillyPa (39), sum1sun (39), time2heal (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (thrive-n-survive, bluesky, Damian1974, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444254 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#169983 - 07/31/07 03:49 AM There Is A God.
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a few things. I'm going to keep part of this vague since this is going on the public side. But in the last couple of weeks I have seen evidence in my life of the existence of a higher power.

First things first, to give you an idea of where I'm at right now... I'm currently preparing myself for something I never thought I'd do: to tell my parents about the abuse. I once swore on my life that they'd never find out. I can't believe how far I've come. My fears over the past few weeks have been steadily boiling down to the point where one thing stood in my way: my parent's complete lack of understanding when it comes to things like Childhood Sexual Abuse.

Yesterday my sister called -- she knows and is very supportive. She wanted to take my parents to her church, and by God's grace, they attended the service on Sunday morning. To my sister's surprise, the service of the day was dedicated largely to... none other than Childhood Sexual Abuse. My sister was calling to let me know that my parents had gotten something of a 2-hour 'crash course' on the awareness of CSA, and the church even handed out information packages to everyone in the congregation on how to support loved ones who have been through CSA, among other things. There were survivors telling their stories via videos as well as people who were in the building telling their personal stories and making everyone in the crowd that much more aware of how real CSA is, and how close to home it can hit.

Another thing that recently happened was that I made a decision to do something for my recovery that is rather costly -- and its not something I can afford at all. Again, a subtle push from a supernatural source has reached my life. I committed to this event not knowing how I was going to pay the remaining expenses of travel, time off work, etc. Later that very evening, I sold a website to a client who has been 'thinking about it' for literally years. That night however, she decided to come to my house, talk about it for a while, and committed to it. It's income on the side of my day-job which will hopefully provide just enough funds to cover motels & gas for the 2000 miles I'll be driving to attend.

It's really interesting to see these subtle things happen in my life. Doors are opening for me and my recovery and I know I'm on the right track. I'm absolutely terrified of walking through those doors still -- but to know they are open to me is a true blessing.

Anyways, its late. I should be signing off. Just thought I'd share some thoughts for you all.

~Frost

#169996 - 07/31/07 08:30 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: frost]
pain4ever Offline

Frost,

Its amazing isn't it...how things work out? It's hard to beleive there is not some higher power behind it.

I am so happy that your parents have had a "primer" now...that is awesome and should help you immesnly in your discloser.

I am proud of you for disclosing to your parents...that takes alot of "power" and will.

I wish you the best of Luck.

Brian

#170037 - 07/31/07 11:30 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: frost]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: frost
It's really interesting to see these subtle things happen in my life.

If what's happening right now is "subtle", I'm not sure I'd like to know what you consider "obvious"...

(Laugh please - it was meant as a joke...)

Praying for you, and jazzed with the blessings unfolding in your life!

M

#170039 - 07/31/07 11:37 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: MarkK]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: MarkK
Originally Posted By: frost
It's really interesting to see these subtle things happen in my life.

If what's happening right now is "subtle", I'm not sure I'd like to know what you consider "obvious"...

(Laugh please - it was meant as a joke...)

Praying for you, and jazzed with the blessings unfolding in your life!

M

haha, yes I laughed \:\)

I guess it isn't all that subtle, is it?

#170041 - 07/31/07 11:38 AM Re: There Is A God. [Re: frost]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well ... not to me it isn't \:\)
People might say I'm biased, I try to look for the hand of God in my life at all times ...
Personally, I don't believe I could see the supernatural if I wasn't looking for it.

I am SO jazzed for you!

God bless.

M

#170101 - 07/31/07 02:09 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: MarkK]
healingpartner Offline

God has put all the pieces in place for his perfect timing...and I am with Mark...I think this might be God's 'subtle' way of nudging you to tell them!

I am so happy for you...I believe this is really going to help.

Lorie

#170105 - 07/31/07 02:24 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: healingpartner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Frost,

I am so happy for you, and no, I don't believe in coincidences to THIS extent. All this reminds me of something I saw in a book awhile back. I forget the exact words, but the idea is that when God sees us suffering he sends us people.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#170106 - 07/31/07 02:25 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: roadrunner]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I don't believe in coincidences to THIS extent.

I would go one further - I don't believe there are coincidences with God.

M

#170132 - 07/31/07 03:02 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: roadrunner]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I don't believe in coincidences to THIS extent.

My thoughts exactly. It's all too weird, and surreal like... but its really happening.

#170408 - 08/01/07 09:48 PM Re: There Is A God. [Re: frost]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
frost....
this is KILLER!!! I LOVE it when God does this kind of stuff so obviously in my life...

I have found that since becoming a Christian...I notice these 'events' happening more and more. God loves us and wants an unbelievably beautiful relationship with each of us...thanks for sharing this...

I will keep you in my prayers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.