Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, don64, Dave PNW, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#169804 - 07/30/07 10:42 AM Re: Monday [Re: pain4ever]
Jaysen Offline

You are one unrelenting bastard you know that Brian?

#169805 - 07/30/07 10:42 AM Re: Monday [Re: Jaysen]
pain4ever Offline

Thank you very much...I take that as a compliment!!!

#169807 - 07/30/07 10:48 AM Re: Monday [Re: pain4ever]
Jaysen Offline

you're welcome

#169809 - 07/30/07 10:52 AM Re: Monday [Re: Jaysen]
pain4ever Offline

Love ya man!!

Thats why i am relentless....

#169812 - 07/30/07 11:01 AM Re: Monday [Re: pain4ever]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

Well, I'm glad to see the thread is coming to some point of agreement...where have I seen this before? ;\) Too bad Trev isn't here to really jag you properly, but I will see what I can do in his absence.

I won't go into a lot of detail here, except to say that the very fact that you are here suggests you can already see what a dim reflection of real life we lead when we are just trying to cope and "get over it".

So much for the lie about not going into detail...

I would just ask you to look at how you feel right now and what you are proposing for yourself. Basically, what you're contemplating is a life in which you don't allow yourself to feel anything: no sense of fulfillment (because with that comes an awareness of loss), nothing of joy (because with that comes pain), and nothing of genuine happiness (because to feel happiness we must also be able to feel misery and sadness too), and nothing of strength (which comes with awareness of areas where we are weak and vulnerable).

This is why what you are suggesting isn't living real life at all. Real living is when we face whatever there is out there to confront; we accept life's joys and exult in them, but we also accept the bad stuff and figure out how to confront it and resolve it.

It's true that non-survivors suffer as well, but when they do they face it and work through it. When really bad things happen, that is when we most need to face things; that's the worst possible situation to turn away from and deny. Why? Because even if we deny what has happened and refuse to deal with it, it will still continue to harm us and hijack other things we want to do.

I think I gave you this example in a PM one time, but here it is again. Suppose I shatter my leg in a bad bike accident and the doctor tells me I need to go through physio; I check it out, but the physio hurts like hell and on top of that the physio nurse isn't the fox from the hospital but a sumo wrestler type with BO and an urge to reshape me into a preztel. So I say "Fuck this" and abandon physio; I figure it doesn't matter, I can manage. Can I really? If I am willing to deceive myself, does that change the fact that I am in pain and can't walk properly or do any of the things I used to like? What have I really gained from this strategy?

Like others have said above, Jay, dealing with this crap is rough and no one can promise you an easy ride. But from further down the road I can look back to you and hope you will stick it out. It does get a whole lot better, and seeing what I see now I can say it has been worth it. I wouldn't go back to the way things were for anything.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#169813 - 07/30/07 11:04 AM Re: Monday [Re: roadrunner]
Jaysen Offline

Larry to the rescue huh?

#169814 - 07/30/07 11:05 AM Re: Monday [Re: Jaysen]
pain4ever Offline

He has an eloquent way of describing things...its amazing...much better than my blunt approach!!!

#169815 - 07/30/07 11:07 AM Re: Monday [Re: pain4ever]
Jaysen Offline

Just leave me alone... seriously... I know I posted first but just to speak my mind, not looking for help or answers

#169816 - 07/30/07 11:08 AM Re: Monday [Re: Jaysen]
pain4ever Offline

I am glad you posted...just to get it out...

#169878 - 07/30/07 02:56 PM Re: Monday [Re: Jaysen]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

Originally Posted By: Jaysen
Larry to the rescue huh?

As a matter of fact, bro, if I thought I could I would do it in a second. But experience has taught me I can't do that. No one of us can rescue another. All we can do is offer understanding and support, and maybe an idea here and there. I do understand what you are feeling, but only because I have been there and under somewhat similar circumstances.

As I keep telling you, whatever you feel, just let it out. Keep it real and it will be good for you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.