Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#169721 - 07/30/07 01:42 AM This movie is brilliant - "Little "Children"
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Whoa, I just watched this movie tonight. For some reason the title "Little Children" seemed profound to me. My intuition was right. It speaks of how the cycle of adults' selfish desires affect children - and how this neglect of children so often leads to them being victimized, vulnerable to abuse later, how the cycle keeps going unless families start staying together with a mom AND dad to protect their young who will become the adults with their most basic needs met (affirmation, unconditional love, self-esteem, praise, time spent with the kids so they believe they are "worthy", etc). Excellent movie, hardhitting and realistic and sometimes hard to watch (I had to pause several times just to gather my thoughts) but the ENDING is everything I thought it would be and hoped for. It speaks to how the cycle CAN be broken, and how doing the right thing is never impossible and is even ultimately the most attractive thing to do, and WHY (to protect precious lives from being emotionally vulnerable to harm). It is a snapshot of "the big picture" which is sometimes hard to see from one's own selfish subjective viewpoint in life.

Edited by Brokenhearted ( 53 seconds ago)

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

#169759 - 07/30/07 07:34 AM Re: This movie is brilliant - "Little "Children" [Re: Brokenhearted]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Thanks for this BH!

#169853 - 07/30/07 01:41 PM Re: This movie is brilliant - "Little "Children" [Re: Still]
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
I want to add though that there are some pretty disturbing scenes and might be triggering for some survivors, but if you can make it to the end, the message is awesome.

#170571 - 08/02/07 05:58 PM Re: This movie is brilliant - "Little "Children" [Re: Brokenhearted]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
BH,

That"s a good one indeed. For those of you who are interested, we have this one in the MS Bookstore.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.