Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, OCN, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444154 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#169437 - 07/28/07 01:33 AM I used to watch this creep on tv *triggers*
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/8771342.html

NORTH AUGUSTA, SC---A one-time local television icon is out on bond today after being re-arrested for more sex crimes against children. Ed Meloan and his wife Susan were both charged with lewd acts on a minor, Susan facing two charges and Ed now facing 12 in all including sexual exploitation of a minor.

First it was one count of having oral sex with a child less than one month later Ed Meloan, a former North Augusta Planning Commissioner, is slapped with eleven more charges of similar disturbing accusations many of them stemming back more than three decades ago. Betsy McMahon, a counselor for victims assistance offers one explanation as to why the victims are just now coming forward. "Very often 30-40 years later they don't think they have the right to come forward and say this happened to them years ago," she said. Another factor could be that other victims are now speaking out. "When they know more of them went through the same type of assault they feel they have power to do something and they don't feel alone in the battle," she said. "Usually with predators it happens more than one time it's not an isolated situation, it's ongoing especially for those with access to children," she added. Meloan could have also used his spotlight, playing the role of 'Count Justin Sane', as a way to lure children who often times are victimized by those who they know and trust. "Even their parents may have idealized him which could've contributed to them thinking this type of activity is okay," said McMahon.

Meloan's attorney tells us his client is working with investigators and wants to take responsibility for his actions. Susan Meloan maintains her innocence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a full list of the charges against the Meloans, including warrants, click here.( http://www.sled.state.sc.us/CISystem/Images/NewsPress/SNP0301.pdf) WARNING: The warrants contain graphic content.

#169441 - 07/28/07 03:01 AM Re: I used to watch this creep on tv *triggers* [Re: KeithR]
Cidnie Offline

Loc: SFC, CA
arg...sickos

#413354 - 10/16/12 09:22 PM Re: I used to watch this creep on tv *triggers* [Re: KeithR]
thedudeabides Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Just joined the site and found your post while doing a search for Augusta, Ga. I'm an Augusta native and we would stay up late to watch Shock Theater also.

They flutter behind you, your possible pasts;
Some bright-eyed and crazy, some frightened and lost...
And strung out behind us the banners and flags
of our possible pasts lie in tatters and rags.
Roger Waters

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.