Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445460 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16920 - 10/31/02 07:43 PM Re: Proof that there is a first time for everything
rolling_is_life Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Im, contemplating Ideas for telling me mom, and if anyone else has some, id be open to suggestions! thnx

"Live fast, die young, leave a great looking corpse" -Ronny Van Zant

#16921 - 10/31/02 09:37 PM Re: Proof that there is a first time for everything
Mark R Offline

Loc: Palm Springs, CA
Hi...good going. Once you feel the empowerment of working on yourself, if this therapist isn't effective for you, you'll be able to keep at it until you find the one that works.
Sometimes all you have to say is there are things I need to work on. If she is really interested she may ask what and you can decide what and how much to tell her. You can also say you don't feel comfortable talking about it right now. Work with your therapist on ways of telling her.
I'm back in therapy now. I've been going on and off for most of my life. This therapist for the last 15 years...but not continuously. She is really wonderful. As far as male vs female, find what works for you. I'd like to have found a man, but this one is so good and we work so well together, I am just thankful I have one.
Keep up the good work

#16922 - 10/31/02 10:45 PM Re: Proof that there is a first time for everything
Huck Offline

Loc: south carolina
Tell her you want to go because you want to go...

If that doesn't work, tell her you want to go because you want to go...

If you have to, tell her you can't explain it, you want to go because you want to go...

Tell her you don't expect her to understand, you just want her help and support. If this is still not enough...Tell her, though she's your mother and is only being nosey cause she cares, SHE doesn't have a penis and would never understand else she would have already agreed and you'd be on your way to the T...

If none of this works, call your dad...

Your friend,

Huck

#16923 - 11/01/02 10:56 PM Re: Proof that there is a first time for everything
rolling_is_life Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Well, I told her, and it went as I expected I nearly choked on my own lungs as I said it. and she was upset and asked why, and i just siad, because, she is mad at me, guilt trippin me *shes great at it too* but i don't plan to tell her why. At least the ball is rolling. *no corney pun intended* And hopefully soon we will set up a interveiw too see who i want to see.

"Live fast, die young, leave a great looking corpse" -Ronny Van Zant

#16924 - 11/01/02 11:04 PM Re: Proof that there is a first time for everything
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Keith,

If you run into any problems just go see your pediatrician and tell him what you need. You Ped will make a referral. If you abuser is still around the ped will have to report him but so will your T because of your age. But don't let that get in the way of going for the help.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.