Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444042 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#169096 - 07/26/07 08:44 AM nightmares
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
Hi all,

You know, It suddenly occured to me this morning, as I pulled myself out of the horrors of my dreams that I am having nightmares just like many of you. Well, maybe not just like you, the memories and the images each of our subconscious thrust out at us in dreams are obviously going to be different... but I think the feelings might be close to the same.

It takes me at least an hour or two to shake off the feelings of rage, or fear, or panic, or anger that confront me in my dreams. I'm back to not sleeping through the night again. I hate this shit. I've been dealing with this for a couple of years now, and I'm fucking ready for it to be over. I can't remember the last time I woke up without my gut clenched, my heart low, and my mind reeling.

The crazy thing is my aren't filled with images of graphic violence, nor am I reliving the memories of my abuse (at least not the sexual abuse). Usually I'm doing mundane things like shopping with family or out having a drink. But the feelings and situations that come up quickly become anything but mundane. And the feelings I wake up with are horrible.

All I can do right now is wait it all out it seems. Eventually my consciousness reasserts itself and I overcome the night terrors... but I carry with me a feeling of anxiety that I can't shake throughout the day.

I've only had one or two mornings without this pain that I can remember over the past few years. It's no wonder to me why we act out. Anything to keep us form dealing with this, right?

Healing D.H. Lawrence

#169170 - 07/26/07 02:16 PM Re: nightmares [Re: tartugas]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I wish that I had a simple aunser . all that I can sugest is that You try and Relax as much as possable before you go to bed

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#169172 - 07/26/07 02:18 PM Re: nightmares [Re: tartugas]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hi, Tartugas --

That's interesting. The content of the dreams isn't nightmarish, but the feelings are. Is there anything that happens in the dreams that seems to trigger the bad feelings? Some clues about what they're trying to tell you? (If there is a message there.)

Anyway, hope you find some peace in your sleep. \:\(

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.