Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#167806 - 07/19/07 07:11 PM Today
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

So, I have return Sunday from a week back in U.S. working with the training center I was at for a year. It was mostly like 16 and 18 hour days while there, to do in short time what all needing to do. Saturday night there was a party, just a 'get-together' thing with the students, parents, boyfriends, girlfriends. I am thinking that the less sleep all week 'catch up' at me, and it would seem I get rather drunk quite easily, which I do not normally do. One of my students get video of me dancing and singing with the band. No, not something I would normally do. He send it to my roommate (fortunately, the video did not work for some reason when he put it on the computer, and so the good news is that there is only sound. The bad news is, there is sound). My roommate has been playing it all today and laughing hysterically. Fine. He needs the laugh. But if he play it tomorrow, I will throw him out the window, and his computer also.

Then we have to get his cat in the travel box, so he can take her to vet for her shots. When he bring the box out last night, the cat run and hide for half hour. She do not like the box. So together, we are trying to 'corner' this cat. Cats do not like that. He reach down to pick up the cat to put her in the box. Cat climbs up my back, onto my head, jumps and runs down the hall. Then we follow her into whatever room and begin again. After ten minutes, finally we get the smart idea, that when we know we have chased her out of one room, to close that door so she can not go back in. We finally get to where it is only the living room and dining area. Cat runs up and down hall, jumps in air and lands on couch. Or lamp. Or table. Or up high on cabinet. Even with the smaller area, it still take us another 15 minutes to get the cat in the box. When he comes back from the vet, he say she sat
there and purred, let the vet pick her up and hold her, and in the taxi there and back, she 'sang' all the way. We both are scratched on both arms, chest, face, whatever. And cat is lying on the couch, like perfect innocent.

It is so much more easy with my gerbel.

VN

Edited by VN (07/19/07 07:12 PM)

#167818 - 07/19/07 08:31 PM Re: Today [Re: VN]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Visha,

Well, one solution would be to feed that annoying videotape to the cat. That would certainly destroy the tape and might poison the cat. ;\)

Seriously, I hope you will tell your roommate that you find the video embarrassing and that you don't like the idea of others laughing at your expense. Hopefully he will understand and just hand the video over to you.

That said, hey, we have all had embarrassing moments like this. Not me of course. \:\) But everyone else I know has made a fool of themselves at least a few times in their lives. One of the great joys in life is learning to laugh at ourselves.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#167821 - 07/19/07 08:41 PM Re: Today [Re: VN]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: VN
My roommate has been playing it all today and laughing hysterically. Fine. He needs the laugh. But if he play it tomorrow, I will throw him out the window, and his computer also.

\:\)

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#167829 - 07/19/07 09:40 PM Re: Today [Re: melliferal]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Visha,

First let me say I'm sorry your roommate was so insensitive as to laugh at you! ;\) But you know what they say? Payback is a BITCH! His time is coming, I'm sure \:D

Oh, and next time you need to catch his cat? Throw a blanket over it and wrap it up tight. As you've now discovered, cats can be sharp on both ends and in the middle so that will eliminate the spikes long enough for you to show him the door to his box!

Good luck on both problems \:\)

Lots of love,

John

#167919 - 07/20/07 09:13 AM Re: Today [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Visha,

I have a 100-lb. shepherd with loooonnnggg sharp fangs who just LOVES cats. Want to borrow him for a few days?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#168154 - 07/21/07 12:51 PM Re: Today [Re: roadrunner]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Visha, please tell me your roommate's computer is laying in pieces on the ground outside the window, and one of these days I'll send you a free jar of honey.

#168162 - 07/21/07 01:17 PM Re: Today [Re: melliferal]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

NO, the roommate and computer are not lying outside the window in pieces, and the roommate was NOT playing the video ALL day!

(But, the part about the cat being insane was quite true. But when I suggested that the cat would go in the box very easy if we put his gerbil in first, will he do that? No.)

Andrei

Edited by ak (07/21/07 01:18 PM)

#168163 - 07/21/07 01:18 PM Re: Today [Re: ak]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ah, well - no honey for Vitaliy.

#168204 - 07/21/07 04:26 PM Re: Today [Re: melliferal]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG! ROTFL! That is hilarious, Andrei!

\:D \:D \:D

#168833 - 07/24/07 06:11 PM Re: Today [Re: WalkingSouth]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
\:\) I could picture the whole thing in my mind! The singing, the dancing, chasing the cat and the smile on your face while you were pushing the submit button! We all deserve a good day every once in a while!

Brian

Edited by Brian (07/24/07 06:11 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.