Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (innervoice, Dave PNW, I Want 2 Thrive, 4 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#166897 - 07/15/07 10:04 PM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: theatrekid]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: theatrekid
I think having the conversation about religion vs. science is important not because i seek to prove people wrong but because we should be able to understand other peoples beliefs

I agree completely, Chris.

M

#166903 - 07/15/07 11:06 PM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: MarkK]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i see no belittling in this thread ,if disagreeing is belittling then why have a conversation at all? but if it will make it better i'll believe k? adam

#166906 - 07/15/07 11:32 PM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: shadowkid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I think it's been explained about as many ways as possible. I really don't know how to say it any differently.

#168520 - 07/23/07 03:08 AM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: pain4ever]
Maxx Offline

Loc: Ohio
Boy, this is a long thread! I've read pretty much all of it and I noticed most (if not all) of it is from the Christian perspective. There are many other ways of looking at the world (and "God") than just through the lens of the bible. I personally lost my faith in the church not because of my abuse (even though the 2nd perp was a church leader), but because I found too many contradictions to what I believe to be true. I can't believe in a God that would condemn someone like Ghandi to everlasting torment just because he didn't believe in Christ. My beliefs lean more towards the Buddist/Toaist ways of thinking now. For me, the idea that God didn't protect me from my abuser doesn't come into question because I don't think of God in that manner. Maybe if your faith doesn't work for you, you should look at other faiths.

Basically, shit happens. What happens to you is not as important as how you react to what happens to you. I'd recomend "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. It's about his experiences as a concentration camp survivor and his resulting philosophy. Basically, it's the meaning that you attach to your experiences that's important and you have the freedom to choose that meaning. You can choose to attach a meaning that empowers you or disempowers you. (Still working on that one myself.)

Maxx

#168666 - 07/24/07 01:00 AM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: Maxx]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I have seen this book several times Maxx but havnt picked it up i will take a look at it some time.

and welcome to Male survivor its a good place its helped me quiet a bit.

,Chris

#168717 - 07/24/07 09:22 AM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: theatrekid]
pain4ever Offline

Funny thing....out of all this and couple really good friends, I have found a path to my faith again. The explainations here helped me understand that and I thank each of you for that.

I also wanna say thanks to HP and Rob. Rob the way you explain things really opened up my eyes and HP your faith and strength showed me that God must exist.

Brian

#168906 - 07/25/07 04:22 AM Re: Thing thats tough for me... [Re: pietie]
Thomson Offline

This is a really difficult thread, as we all have the same questions but do not find the answers.

I am not a Christian so I can only talk about the Muslim worldview.

The problem we are facing is that we are blaming God for something a vicious human committed. As God has promised in Quran(Muslim religious book) that every good deed, no matter how small would be rewarded and every bad deed no matter how small would be punished.

So the good deeds are rewarded on the day of judgement and bad deeds are punished no matter how small. In this world bad things happen, people get sick, people die but all is because this world is a test, if we do good in midst of difficulties we would be rewarded more.
With there being a day of judgement and afterlife, the perps would be punished for what they did to us and we would be rewarded for the pain we suffered,so hey! there is hope for us all and darkness and hell for the perps.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.