Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#175107 - 08/22/07 08:52 PM Re: Massage [Re: Rabbit]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
ok guys - just had to post here that I got my very first proffesional massage this Monday (another fear conquered) - she was amazingly proffesional - I wore long legged briefs (almost to the knee length) - she never touched fabric (just the skin I was comfortable enough to bare) - she did not cross that boundary - she did'nt even do the gluets (and I did'nt even tell her not to)

yeah - I'll be going back again - need to start taking better care of this body...

thanks for the encouraging words from others in this thread that helped me conquer the fear

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#175136 - 08/22/07 11:08 PM Re: Massage [Re: TJ jeff]
des6263 Offline

Loc: midwest, US
TJ! WOW!
So glad you made the jump. I hope you make massage a regular part of your health care, there are so many ways in which massage is beneficial for your mind, body and spirit. Very proud of you for taking this step!

Peace and Love,
David

#175298 - 08/23/07 01:28 PM Re: Massage [Re: des6263]
christopher76 Offline
New Here

im a massage therapist also. im glad people are using it as part of their recovery.

#175318 - 08/23/07 02:35 PM Re: Massage [Re: ttoon]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I tried a couples message with my wife and two MT's. I was ok for the first little bit. My wife said she could hear me breathing. When he asked me to roll over I freaked and told him to stop. I went and got dressed and waited for my wife to finish. I was terrified.

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#224853 - 05/18/08 02:38 PM Re: Massage [Re: kellygtx]
des6263 Offline

Kelly,
Sorry I kind of lost track of this post.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with massage. Would you have been more comfortable with a female therapist? Would you consider trying massage again?
Peace and Love
David

#224854 - 05/18/08 02:39 PM Re: Massage [Re: TJ jeff]
des6263 Offline

TJ,
I was curious if you have made massage a regular part of your health care?

Peace and Love,
David

#224925 - 05/18/08 07:52 PM Re: Massage [Re: des6263]
tazrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FL USA
David
Should the massage be before or after the counseling or does it not matter?

I have been considering getting a monthly massage. This might be a way to justify it.

Let me know
Gregg

#225206 - 05/19/08 09:34 PM Re: Massage [Re: tazrad]
des6263 Offline

Gregg,
I don't think it really matters. Go into the massage for the physical benefits, relaxation, improved flexibility, etc.. though not necessarily for the emotional release, as it doesn't happen for every one. Massage can be helpful for depression as it releases endorphins that elevates your mood. Look for a Therapist that is licensed or certified, and be vocal about what you expect and give good feedback while getting the massage. Most of all.... relax and enjoy it!
Let me know how it goes!

Peace and Love,
David

#225223 - 05/19/08 10:13 PM Re: Massage [Re: des6263]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I get a massage every other week. It has become more than a luxury. I am an anxious person by design.. I am also a triathlete. I am also a survivor. What I have found is that when you find a therapist, they really work with you. I am so used to massage.. and I do a lot of mountain running and biking, I NEED my glutes and hips worked on.. but when I go to someone new, they are always reticent to do that at first. I think most err on the side of being overy cautious. I also know from friends who have body issues, you can suggest just back or neck massage - they are trained to do a variety of techniques.

I prefer a male therapist because I like very very very deep work... and most woman I have gone to do not have the upper body strength. I have had hundreds of massages, and not one was overtly sexual.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#225225 - 05/19/08 10:15 PM Re: Massage [Re: dannym]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
oops, wanted to add that being touched in a non sexual, therapeutic way is wonderful... I have also had some emotions come up during the massage... I've even cried... and the therapist always says "That happens sometimes".... no big deal.

Dan

Marge Simpson

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.