Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (Johnnygolightly, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#166 - 07/31/01 10:48 PM Confusion: Comments deeply Appreciated!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello family,if I may,
Kept editing the title hoping to get some response for this preplexing issue to me.
So odd that for 2 days I was what i thought going to just die and now I have some peace of some sort. Gratitude to God.
I have had a possible awareness I am anxious to get input on. For as long as I can remember there have been certain things that have bothered me a great deal. Well bothered is not the word. Drive me to the point of screaming and fleeing. These are a bit odd but who knows?
I have never been able to be in a room with a ticking clock. I can not stand a dripping faucet. I go crazy is some one crunches ice or food(i.e. popcorn) The catcher here is that this is only when it is someone I am close to or attracted to or along those lines, or I am alone(clock and drip). If I am at a friends house I don't notice a clock. If they crunch ice I think it is annoying is about all.

With my ex or parents or one of my roomates(attracted to) it is unbearable and I just about scream and have to get away. It just comes up inside of me like an adrenalin rush but that is not quite the de>

#167 - 08/03/01 03:00 AM Re: Confusion: Comments deeply Appreciated!!!
jerunamuck Offline

Loc: Maine
While reading your post I kept thinking about a book I read, "Just Before Dawn"; Jan Hindman. She talks about the nature of trauma (RTS) and what contributes to it. One of the things that severely traumatized rape survivors had in common was that they had to wait for IT. I read your de>

#168 - 08/03/01 11:52 AM Re: Confusion: Comments deeply Appreciated!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank You so much for taking the time to share your insight. I had never made that possible connection. Thank You

#169 - 08/06/01 08:49 AM Re: Confusion: Comments deeply Appreciated!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This post was really interesting. I wonder, how many of us have other flashback problems with the people we love?

I know that I always have to have noise. I always have the tv or radio on, pretty loud. I think I like the distraction, so I don;t have to think about my real problems or be alone with myself. It;s like the tv or radio is company for me.Also, with all that other noise, I don't have to talk to anybody.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: big bear ]

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.