Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
4 registered (mike1965, PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63109 Topics
441332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#167657 - 07/18/07 10:38 PM Re: can you reach through the TV? [Re: Scoutvictim]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Scoutvictim
OMG....

I just saw a news story on CNN about the Catholic Church settlement.

One woman was interviewed, and she said "I don't believe there are that many victims, but the ones who were, should just forgive".

See, giving people like that airtime is kind of like opening Pandora's Box, if Pandora's Box were filled with stupid.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#167669 - 07/18/07 11:53 PM Re: can you reach through the TV? [Re: melliferal]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: melliferal
Originally Posted By: Scoutvictim

See, giving people like that airtime is kind of like opening Pandora's Box, if Pandora's Box were filled with stupid.

I like how you stated that... im surprised at how much negativity (is that a word?) gets put towards the survivors...

I was watching the daily show last night its my favorite show but they were making jokes about the settlement from the catholic church, even though they were trying to make a point about how the church was wrong i think some things should be above making jokes about.... if we heard john stewart make a joke about some one being murdered or even some one being robed at gun point people would be very upset.... why is sexual abuse somthing people feel is ok to make jokes about?

#167681 - 07/19/07 01:31 AM Re: can you reach through the TV? [Re: theatrekid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

the joke is they think money is gonna fix anything?

#167845 - 07/19/07 11:11 PM Re: can you reach through the TV? [Re: roadrunner]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Carl,

I think people like this woman are in the minority. Heaven help us if they're not!

Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#167870 - 07/20/07 02:35 AM Re: can you reach through the TV? [Re: Chain Breaker]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Joe,

OMG...I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.