Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
6 registered (Cthulhu, tbkkfile, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443947 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#167798 - 07/19/07 06:37 PM Tucker Carlson is a fool!!!
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Ok i was just watching tucker carlson's show on msnbc.... for those of you who dont know who he is he's the funny looking guy who used to wear a bow tie all the time on t.v.

so any ways today or yesterday im not sure when but Sen. Obama gave a speech to planned parenthood. he talked about sex education... makes sense. any ways in his speech he made a comment about how even kindergarters should be given age apropriate sex education... he meant like explaining good touch and bad touch that kind of stuff. stuff that parents should teach us but so many fail to do so.

so any ways Tucker Carlson goes on and on for like 10 minutes about how it is wrong to teach this to a kid that it should be left to the parents to teach.

How can he be so ignorant?... if some one had tought me these things i wouldnt be here right now ... i dont understand how the man could be so stupid.

,Chris

#167825 - 07/19/07 09:15 PM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: theatrekid]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Yep. He IS an idiot

Keith

#167840 - 07/19/07 11:05 PM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: KeithR]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, TK,

In theory it sounds great to teach age appropriate sex education to our children in the school system. But this is also the same system that declared that katsup was a vegetable...would ya trust them to teach yer children about sex?

I hear what you are saying, I do...and I understand it, too.

Dave

#167841 - 07/19/07 11:08 PM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: KeithR]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I've never really had my doubts about Mr. Carlson. I also think that if parents did a good job teaching this stuff to their own kids, we wouldn't have sex education in schools. And why doesn't he think sometimes the parents might actually be the molesters??

You want to know what's even worse? It was Mitt Romney's attacking Senator Obama on this point and saying that kindergarten kids should know "zero" about sex. Not even good touch vs. bad touch, apparently, if he listened to what Mr. Obama really said. Shame on Mr. Romney!

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#167843 - 07/19/07 11:09 PM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: Chain Breaker]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Dave,

Actually it was not the schools that declared ketchup a vegetable -- it was Ronald Reagan. I still get, and agree with, your point, though.

Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#167860 - 07/20/07 12:50 AM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: Chain Breaker]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Dave,

I know our schools have a lot of problems but i still think it is the best way to inform kids about this sort of stuff. well parents would be the best but they fail at that alot of times.

Joe,

I agree completely with you, but i think we already no Mitt romney is a little nuts.

,chris

#167878 - 07/20/07 06:16 AM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: theatrekid]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, yea...I know Mitt Romney, too...he used to be my governor. :-)

But seriously, tk, I really do understand the concern.

God help me for actually offering this...but when I was in high school if you did not wear a belt you were sent home fer the day. If your hair touched your collar, if yer shirt tail was not tucked in (don't even imagine just wearing a T-shirt), no shorts except in Gym class...no phones, no Ipods, no, uhm...transistor radios. :-)

I'm not a "good ole days" let's get back to em kinda guy...I think the changes have been excellent...the exchange of information and the availibility of that information has changed the world and those who scramble around in it...But once the curriculum is altered and diluted enough to satisfy every group represented...there is so little left of value.

:-)

Dave

#167896 - 07/20/07 08:29 AM Re: Tucker Carlson is a fool!!! [Re: ttoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Unfortunately, unless the schools are given specific>

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.