Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (Banjo596, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#167580 - 07/18/07 03:38 PM Re: so far [Re: Scoutvictim]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
I dont really feel pressured or even overwhelmed, I just nevet thought Id be at a place like this, talking like this

#167582 - 07/18/07 03:48 PM Re: so far [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: jessedawg
I dont really feel pressured or even overwhelmed, I just nevet thought Id be at a place like this, talking like this

So there you go. Life is full of interesting surprises! \:\) But seriously, this happens all the time here. Show a guy he's safe and won't be judged or blamed, and before too long he will astonish himself at what he can say and do.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#167586 - 07/18/07 04:03 PM Re: so far [Re: roadrunner]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Larry,

DITTO..... and Bravo!!!!

Jesse,

Welcome, and may all go well for you!!!!

I havn't had any training, but I for one would love to help you put out this fire. I hope you can also see that many guys here can help beat back the inferno.

So I now declare this "Engine House MS1". We may all be "probies" but we're willing to help you put some water on this fire.

Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#167606 - 07/18/07 06:33 PM Re: so far [Re: Scoutvictim]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

one thing you could try is going back on the site heh if somebody tells me how lol ,but look at some of the first posts of people who are talking to you now. look at mine ,you will be even more amazed at how much alike we all are ,and maybe you can see where some of us are now compared to back then ,it does get better .

#167719 - 07/19/07 11:44 AM Re: so far [Re: shadowkid]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jesse,

One thing I have noticed is that your posts seem to be almost confrontational- very pointed and direct. You said above in not so many words that you were trying to find a reason to not come back to MS. I think your mode of operation so far has been an attempt to test the site and the members; to make sure MS is what it claims to be. I hope that you now see that it is. We're all here for the same reason, facing the same issues, dealing with the same feelings. If you haven't really accepted that yet, it's perfectly fine, and frankly, I would consider it normal given what has been done to us. Two or three days is not enough to form a real basis for trust.

Over time, as you read and post, you will become more comfortable and trust more, which will help you to post those things that we never thought we'd talk about anywhere. Don't force it. Go slow. You'll know when the time is right. You'll know when you feel safe enough to post those dark secrets because it will happen naturally.

For now, be safe and take care of yourself. Read, think and post. The rest will follow.

Dewey

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.