Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16739 - 10/31/02 05:58 PM Re: Take a Breath, Guys
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Right on LLoydy! I hope Brian reconsiders. I have emailed him with this sentiment. He is one of the good guys. Maybe others writing him a note might help. <<<>>>> <<<<>>>>
Time to move onwards.

#16740 - 10/31/02 07:15 PM Re: Take a Breath, Guys
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
OOOWWWWWOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!OOOWW!OOOWWWWWOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have always seen myself as a dolphin. Peaceful, intelligent, but don't fuck with me or I will ram you with my snoot. My therapist suggested that maybe a wolf mght be better. Coincidence? I don't think so... \:\)

#16741 - 10/31/02 09:44 PM Re: Take a Breath, Guys
Mark R Offline

Loc: Palm Springs, CA
I too missed the negativity of this incident. We are much stronger than one person trying to take further advantage of us. I commend the admin/moderators for taking care of this. It actually makes me feel more secure in coming here. I had no idea how they would've handled something like this...Now I know and that knowledge makes it even easier to come here and support my friends and have them support me. Nice going team. Onward and upward.

#16742 - 10/31/02 10:55 PM Re: Take a Breath, Guys
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Hi Men:

\:D Lloydy--Good point about Brian. Maybe he felt polluted in the process of trying to help clean up all the crap that was being dumped. Felt responsible for dirtying others becuz as a moderator he didn't stop the flood of sewage.

Speaking as one who has moderated on other forums I can relate to that feeling.

Being soiled doesn't make one a dirty person, any more than being abused or even not stopping abuse makes one an abuser.

But the feeling is familiar to me, probably to many survivors, especially males. "I coulda stopped the abuse" is a feeling we're very susceptilbe too.

That's why I share these thots even tho I may be way off base concerning Brian. I want to encourage us all not to re-victimize ourselves.

And, if I'm not off base, to share that encouragement with Brian, and let him know I hope he considers coming back.

You're right Lloydy my brother. Just being here is a sign & a show of our strength as male survivors. One that we must not yield. For we are needed & we need each other.

Men, the territory is marked!!!

\:D Cement: No coincidence, I think your T is wise. I also think you're one damn good wolf! Thank you for sharing the wolf insight & theme with us! I will never forget it!

\:D Mark: You're right! We hate to have seen something like the "Lying Cub" incident happen. But it is powerful & affirming & assuring to see how well our administrators & moderators tamed & caged that Lion! I too feel even safer here now!

This place belongs to the wolves! No Lions Allowed! At least not Lyin Cubs!

Take Care Men

Wuame

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.