Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (1lifenow, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443139 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#167235 - 07/17/07 03:06 PM Re: One time [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jesse,

It makes perfect sense. It's natural and normal that a boy who has been abused would feel so betrayed that he would wonder if anyone who is nice to him can possibly be safe - like the example I gave you of me as a painter.

It's also very common for the boy to begin to hate himself. The abuse is filling his head with so many terrible and false ideas about himself.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#167238 - 07/17/07 03:11 PM Re: One time [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
There is nothing natural or normal about any of this

#167242 - 07/17/07 03:26 PM Re: One time [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

What I mean is that when these things happen to a boy, the results we will see will usually include extreme distrust.

Rather like an engine with no oil in it. It isn't normal or natural for an engine to blow, but that is what will normally and naturally happen if it gets no oil. Kind of like talking about an almost guaranteed result.

(Woody Guthrie)

#167244 - 07/17/07 03:33 PM Re: One time [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

Yes I get that

#167347 - 07/18/07 02:07 AM Re: One time [Re: jessedawg]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Makes perfect sense to me, Jesse. I've been there.

I'm sorry to break a confidence, but I feel I have to in order to get a single point across to you; while you are in therapy, PLEASE tell your T everything. Be honest. Open up to them, at least. They don't know you from Adam, they aren't going to judge you. Neither will we. Use this website to practice what you need to say to them. We're a safe sounding board, no pressure, no strings attached, no long-term comittment...

I know you're hurt, and I know you're embarassed. But if you don't open up to someone now, you'll eventually need to open up to somebody later. Why not do it now, while the state is paying for it? Don't waste the opportunity.

I know it's hard to tell someone face to face what happened to you. I suggest you write it all down here. Let us know you, as we've all let you know us. Then, if you'd prefer, you can print what you wrote and give it to your T. That would be a start, at least.

You're already in therapy; you have to be there. There's a reason for that. Make the best of it for yourself.

Stay strong, buddy. We're here for you when you want to talk.

Lazarus

#167380 - 07/18/07 07:49 AM Re: One time [Re: Lazarus]
jessedawg Offline

Its ok Lazarus. Im afraid to open up feels like once I do Ill never be able to turn it off again plus youre right Im embarrassed and ashamed and guilty and feel like I was the cause of everything thats ever happened so I really have no right to even be here. ok, the reason why Im in mandatory therapy is because I beat my mothers boyfriend half to death. If the cops didnt pull me off I would have killed him so I got probation with mandatory anger management classes and therapy twice a week. Its a joke but I dont have a choice. So Im interested to see what reactions are to that- most people that know about it think Im a goddamn psycho.

#167382 - 07/18/07 08:04 AM Re: One time [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jesse,

I don't think you're a psycho and I bet no one else here does either. For a guy struggling wth what you have to deal with, anger can be a huge problem. We've all been there in our own way, so anger is something we understand pretty well.

On opening up, well, as I said yesterday, that's up to you and you need to do things at your own pace and when you are ready. You will know when the time is right. You'll just feel it. I can tell you it's a powerful moment too! The embarrassment, shame and guilt don't just melt away, but when we work on that stuff we can get rid of those feelings. What we have to remember is that those bad feelings about ourselves didn't pop up in a day, so they won't disappear in a day either.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#167383 - 07/18/07 08:10 AM Re: One time [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

I was hoping there was a pill I could take to just make it all go away

#167387 - 07/18/07 08:25 AM Re: One time [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jesse,

Originally Posted By: jessedawg
I was hoping there was a pill I could take to just make it all go away

Well, some guys do try numbing out in various ways - sex, alcohol, drugs, etc. By the time I was 16 I was already in big trouble with drinking and then added drugs to that. We can try various things to make it "go away" - you were talking about beer and sleeping pills yesterday. But the problem is that it all comes back, doesn't it? And the efforts to numb out just get bigger and bigger and more and more desperate. I was so bad off by the time I was 20 that I was really disappointed to wake up in the morning and discover I had made it through another night.

Trying to "make it go away" is like seeing a pot boiling over on the stove and solving the problem by holding the lid down tighter when what we really need to do is turn down the heat. That's what a place like this is all about - learning how to turn down the heat.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#167389 - 07/18/07 08:29 AM Re: One time [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
I was really disappointed to wake up in the morning and discover I had made it through another night.

Yes thats typically how I feel. Numbing out- you mean with pills, alcohol, sex, things like that rite?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.