Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, finallyhere, gettingstronger, Rich1967, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63779 Topics
445394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#167034 - 07/16/07 08:21 PM quick or maybe not so quick Question
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
What is difference between Relion and spirituallity?

If this has already bin answered at some other time, can someone please reffer me to the post.

I wish I had some form of spirituallity or religion. The Idea that a supream being could love me sounds great, but I have anger issues with god!

Logan

-Blade Runner

#167059 - 07/16/07 09:59 PM Re: quick or maybe not so quick Question *DELETED* [Re: Logan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Post deleted by MarkK

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#167081 - 07/16/07 11:35 PM Re: quick or maybe not so quick Question [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Logan,

When I think of a religion I think of a systematic set of beliefs, practices and laws that seek to govern personal and social behavior and answer broad questions about human existence. Spirituality is my personal response to religion - the sum total of my feelings of faith, contentment, trust, and peace when I view myself and my life within a certain religious framework. My spirituality is the process by which I relate to religion, ask my questions, and find meaning for myself in religion.

I know a lot of very spiritual guys, Logan, and I can tell you they all have issues with God at some level or another. I personally think God can handle our anger, frustration, despair, and whatever other emotions we can throw at him.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#167439 - 07/18/07 10:06 AM Re: quick or maybe not so quick Question [Re: roadrunner]
Halibut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Alaska
Hi Logan,

You have a spirituality. Humans are body and spirit. The spirit part of people is that whole range of emotions, identity, ideals, passions, dislikes,values, beliefs and so much more that directs us and makes us uniquely who we are. Roadrunners list is a good one of things that involve the human spirit.

Spiritualities are ways of trying to shape and transmit the things that are healthy and beneficial for the human spirit.

Religions likewise are ways try are trying to shape and transmit the experience of God.

No one is non-spiritual. Without a body, just a spirit we're a ghost. Without a spirit the body is dead. But not everyone ascribes to a defined spiritualit or religion.

God can handle our anger with Him, life and the injustice that happened to us. More importantly we need to handle it: not by repressing it or feeling ashamed of it, but by expressing it.
It's a real emotion which affects us, and needs to find expression for the sake of our spirit.

Frank

#168812 - 07/24/07 03:01 PM Re: quick or maybe not so quick Question [Re: Halibut]
Kenn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
There's an old saying that religion is for those who are trying to avoid Hell and spirituality is for those of us who've already been there.

I think all religions are their followers' way of connecting with the "God" of their understanding.

I like the sanskrit-derived word "Namaste" which, loosely translated, means I honour the divine in you as you honour the divine in me."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.